Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Confusing story. First they say the gold was in a boxcar. A boxcar obviously would not fit on a 70' tugboat. Next they say the gold was in a safe on the tug. Also the side scan image looks nothing like the picture of the 70' tug. :icon_scratch:

A couple more things: first of all they DID NOT FIND ANY GOLD. They found a shipwreck.
Second: anything they find, the state of Michigan claims everything in their waters as state property.

Last edited:

Cash

Aug 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse 1B
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago some Michigan NAS Students used this as one of their final exams they were from what I recall using Sector Side Scan or trying to or believed they could find the box car.... then again its happy hour here and my memory is hmmmm

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I doubt much of the story, too, but a " narrow gage " railroad boxcar was only 24ft in length.

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
100% "pie in the sky." I have dove that wreck, it is the Jane, lost around 1927. The "safe" is a ship's stove. I hate to burst their bubble, but the only thing they are going to find in it is a pile of soggy ashes.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The media needs to do a better job at not printing any idiot who makes unsubstantiated claims about treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread