Hello All - Quick Intro

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Informal intro to a fascinating forum I have lurked for a couple years before moving to Micco.

Moved to Orlando in 1978 and knew nothing about the Treasure Coast. Started a career in the hotel business with Hyatt in Orlando (Grand Cypress) and got transferred to the Hyatt Grand Cayman and learned to dive. 500 + dives later I was transferred to Key West (met Mel Fisher) and learned about the 1715 and Atocha sites. Transferred out of Keys to Lake Tahoe and San Antonio and vowed to someday come back to the place I loved. (I had always fished Inlet and Wabasso area back in the 70's and 80's)

Learned my mom suffered from Dementia and as she is from the Orlando area, thought it the best time to plant the roots and look after her.

So here I am, where I was destined to be.

Ed Perry, I met a neighbor of my moms in Leesburg, Diane B , she says hi.

Capt. Bonnie, Great book and thanks for the sigs in the The Rainbow Chasers Tricentennial Yearbook (great book and totally different than the original).

I have many friends in the dive business and a best friend in the catamaran business (South Africa) and hope to meet some of you all here in the coming years and months.

Sincerely Dave H in Micco

Last edited:

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next year come to the Treasure Hunter's Cookout in Wabasso...8th... hope to see ya there....... meet all the pirates around April. Welcome

Last edited:
OP
OP
TreasureCDave

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Thank you for the kind words.

As far as the Cookout, I was very busy getting settled in to make the first year I was here. Reading about the last 2 and seeing the pictures almost put me there. It will be hard not to as the Pennwood Lodge is right down the road. Next year for sure ..... I'll be one of the younger ones (and I ain't THAT young) :laughing7:

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
TreasureCDave

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
So what are you planning to do this year?

Attend the 300th year festivities. Get to know the people in the industry. Take care of my mom. Figure out if a power catamaran style salvage boat is an option.

Thanks for asking Aquanut, your one of the guys I'd like to meet.

PS - no Hi and welcome?

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Of course Hi and welcome! Sometimes I just get to the crux of the matter without formalities. LOL. Looking forward to meeting you. I too was taking care of my mom last year, but she passed over the bar in July. This July we're taking her ashes to Islamorada and place her in the Gulf Stream as she requested. She dearly loved the Keys and the ocean.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum and to the Wonderful World of Weirdness that is the Sebastian-Micco area. I am truly sorry about your Mom's illness. My Dad was stricken with dementia/Alzheimers in 2011. It is a helluva thing.
On a happier note, you're here now.
You probably know, but there are treasure boats and crews in the Little Hollywood Marina basin/Outrigger's, at Fin's Marina/Squid Lips, at Capt Hiram's and probably one or two at Sebastian River.
Lots of things going on and high hopes for the 300th Anniversary, so you landed at an opportune time.
Welcome!

OP
OP
TreasureCDave

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
@aquanut - Sorry for your loss. Thats a nice part of the keys. I fished there when I wanted to get away from Key West.

@ropesfish - "the Wonderful World of Weirdness that is the Sebastian-Micco area" Thats one of the reasons I have always loved the area. The history and the limit of no construction over 3 stories is a bonus too. You gotta love a town whos saying is "Home to Pelican Island, Friendly People and 6 Old Grouches" I told mom I going to have to get that amended to 7 :)

I have hung on the words of many of you in here and have read most books on the rich history. Matter of fact, I just got a January 1965 National Geographic in mint condition.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just got a January 1965 National Geographic in mint condition.
Is that the one with the "Drowned Galleons" story or the one with the pictures of topless native wimmen? Both were a big hit at the school library back in Kansas. :)

OP
OP
TreasureCDave

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Is that the one with the "Drowned Galleons" story or the one with the pictures of topless native wimmen? Both were a big hit at the school library back in Kansas. :)

Its the "Drowned Galleons Off Florida" one but there is some boobage as well.

I was amazed at how long the piece was. (article)

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
At one time I had a complete collection of National Geo from 1932 until 2000. Way too many to haul around. I tried to give them away for about six months and finally trashed them. A shame, don't ya think?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave welcome to TressureNet, I'm also in Orlando and also moved to Orlando back in 2001 to take care of my mom before she passed in 2008...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread