I-52... Japans Golden Submarine ...

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello,
German U-boats have been my obsession for years, especially treasure U-boats on their routes to Latin America. My last book written in Spanish was about one that was scuttled in front of the Dominican coast in 1945 ("Nazi Treasure in the Dominican Republic" - original title "Tesoro Nazi en la Republica Dominicana"). What I want to say is that whatever remark about German U-boat on the western hemisphere immediately draw my attention. U-boat in front of coast of Chile.... I would love to know, if the man is not a diver but a researcher, how he could know that the sub is a German and not a Japanese one? There are historical evidence about the secret German-Japanese submarine supply base in La Palma in Mexico during the WW II. Does he know how long is the sub, in order to determine the type of U-boat? Is it broken or in one piece? If it is one piece, how the conning tower looks like? Well, I would have tons of questions.....
Anyway, it is interesting....

Best regards,
Lobo

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Hello,
German U-boats have been my obsession for years, especially treasure U-boats on their routes to Latin America. My last book written in Spanish was about one that was scuttled in front of the Dominican coast in 1945 ("Nazi Treasure in the Dominican Republic" - original title "Tesoro Nazi en la Republica Dominicana"). What I want to say is that whatever remark about German U-boat on the western hemisphere immediately draw my attention. U-boat in front of coast of Chile.... I would love to know, if the man is not a diver but a researcher, how he could know that the sub is a German and not a Japanese one? There are historical evidence about the secret German-Japanese submarine supply base in La Palma in Mexico during the WW II. Does he know how long is the sub, in order to determine the type of U-boat? Is it broken or in one piece? If it is one piece, how the conning tower looks like? Well, I would have tons of questions.....
Anyway, it is interesting....

Best regards,
Lobo
Lobo, contact sads669. I gave him the researchers contact information. The researcher was shown the location by a fisherman. I think the sub is pretty much in one piece if I remember correctly.( the researcher contacted me last summer about it) the researcher is not a diver.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lobo,
in Chile some people knows where there are one or two German submarines. A fisherman witnessed the loss and counted it. The area is remote and must be reached by boat. Contrary to the claims, German submarines reached the Chilean coastin WW II .

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hola Claudio,
Tanto tiempo...... So much time, my friend...... I almost thought that you were swallowed by the ground somewhere in Paraguay looking for buried treasures. How was the journey, by the way?

Regarding my "life time hobby", German U-boats, you are completely right that U-boats visited Chilean coast, even on regular basis especially during the last years of the WW II. But they were generally operating together with Japanese subs, therefore my question. Look at the example of U-190 and I-12, sailing together. I-12 was sailing alongside the whole coast up to British Columbia, where she was lost. La Palma base was also common for both nations' submarines. American spies living in Mexico even took photos of them supplying in this remote and secret base. I heard, that one German sub was lost in front of Valparaiso, I do not know it this is the case.
Anyway, good to hear from you again, Claudio. Stay in touch more often than ones a year!

Regards,
Lobo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread