does this look real

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought this from a local jewler who has ties with florida treasure guys.from the flor do mar.c.1500 from the waters of sumatra islands,indonesia.certificate has sir robert marx signature on it..certificate says chinese figure made of jade,not bird made of jade what do you experts think...thank you and hope to see ya at the bottom of an ocean sometime jamey

Attachments

• IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,067

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
It appears to be Imperial Jade which is the most valuable jade there is anywhere.
Peg leg

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you diverlynn,gdaddyflex,capt-t,and peg-leg.i am so glad there are people like you who risk thier lives to bring such nice things out from the ocean.thier is a hole in it but not made by a drill,not perfect.i plan to wear it around my neck and was wondering if i should try to clean it and how,i really love it and so glad i have it,i wish you all safe journeys and lots of treasure to return home with.also thanks so much for the link if your interested i will try to get some better pictures to post,also very thankfull for sir richard marx.. :o..jamey

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
jamey said:
is a hole in it but not made by a drill,not perfect.

Is the hole "conical" rather than cylindrical (or like 2 cones intersecting)? I'll try to be more specific: does the hole narrow the deeper it goes from the surface into the piece? Nice looking artifact - please post a better pic if you can get one.

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all, here is some more pictures.i do not belive the hole looks like you described,but has a notch on it. jamey..

Attachments

• IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 947
OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new pic

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 836

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Hi Jamey,
It look like a Chinese Sea Horse to me. The Chinese created their own creatures.
To be honest it appears to be a combanation of a Sea Horse and a Bird.
Check it out with a Chines Antique dealer. Also try this little test.
Heat up a needle and push it against the object. If it starts to go in it is a FAKE.
The Chinese are the best there is in making FAKES.
Peg Leg

ballbuster

Sep 27, 2006
Peg Leg,

I believe that is a test for ivory. If that piece is jade I'm sure you won't get a hot pin in it.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Ballbuster,
It can be also used to test anything and I would test ANYTHING coming out of China not matter what it appears to be.
A friend of mine purchased from EBAY a number of American Silver coins and EVERYONE turned out to be FAKE.
EBAY did not do a single thing so my friend lost $1,500.00 and YES he had Insurance and still got NOTHING. He also paid through PAYPAL and still got "O".
Since these were AMERICAN COINS he filed charges with the Treasury Department and the F.B.I.
EBAY is under Investagation.
Peg Leg

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smaller

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 471
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 473

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the artifact is really jade.a good test is to lay it on your skin,say the underside of your arm.if it feels cold.then its jade.if not then its something else of a lesser value.green or white jade,is still cold.

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Here in New York City,,In Chinatown you can buy the same looking jade pieces in the $3-5 dollar range.....

Simon.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread