The Treasure Galleons - NEW BOOK!

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
HELP!

The novel is in process, but I'm having launch delays just like Echeverz & Ubilla faced in Havana!

Official launch date is 300 years after the disaster: July 31, 2015, but the first printing will be complete by the ships' launching on July 24, & with the book in hand, I'll be at the book signing at IRC on July 27th.

I need your help with a couple things:

1) "Like" my opening line so I can get some feedback from James Patterson:
https://www.facebook.com/grossmusic/posts/10153382493946970?fref=nf
&/or
"Retweet" at https://twitter.com/GrossWriting/status/619256503179079681

2) Vote (here in the forum) for your favorite cover:
Ralph Curnow is allowing me to use his excellent painting "The Day After" as my cover. I've created two versions...

DARK:
TGCover-PRINT2-600-dark.gif

or

LIGHT:
TGCover-PRINT2-600-light.gif

3) Pre-Order the e-book here:
Amazon.com: The Treasure Galleons: The Golden Pelican eBook: Tammy Gross, Ralph Curnow: Kindle Store
Anyone who pre-orders will receive $5 off the PRINT book!

4) The book will have original artwork inside as well!

If anyone has 1715-related original artwork or a great map of the 1715 treasure galleons routes to contribute, let me know: [email protected]

Thanks all! The more pre-sales, tweets, likes, etc., the more likely that the screenplay the book is based on will get produced.

Last edited:

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I like the light color cover. Congratulations on finishing your book

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, light cover - much more aesthetic.....

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Congratulations Tammy! Definitely the light blue color cover. Count me in for a hard copy once it is in print.

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you, all! Keep the votes coming. Final decision is July 20 when the printer needs the final proof.

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Light cover.. and congratulations...

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I, of course, like the dark cover. I think the more contrast you have between the white font and the blue, the easier it will be for folks to catch that image or word that makes them pick up the book in the store and read the back cover. That works on me, even in the Kindle store.
About that opening:
"BOOM! A cannon blasted off the bow of the Nuestra Señora del Rosario y San Francisco Xavier. Pedro loved the smell of fresh gunpowder drifting over the Caribbean Sea. Especially when executed at his command."
I would add a few words and change the punctuation:
"BOOM! A cannon blasted off the bow of the Nuestra Señora del Rosario y San Francisco Xavier. Pedro loved the smell of freshly burned gunpowder drifting over the Caribbean Sea ,especially when executed at his command." (When I think of fresh gunpowder, I think of gunpowder before it is burned.
If the
Nuestra Señora del Rosario y San Francisco Xavier is not under attack at this point in the story by Pedro or some other party, I would change the beginning to " Boom! A cannon blast resounded from the bow - /or/- A cannon blasted from the bow....-/or/- A cannon blasted off of the bow....
I look forward to reading the book!
I will "like" your James Patterson post as soon as you OK my friend request on FaceBook.
Good luck, ma'am!

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good stuff!

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Light cover with Bill Black's suggestions.
If you send me the original art, I'll improve the legibility and overall look. Let me know... [email protected]. No Charge!

Last edited:

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Dark Cover - looks like Hurricane maybe still going on
Light Cover - looks like morning after and the storm has passed
(My Two Cents)

Dark Cover my vote

Congrats Grossmusic

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you send me the original art, I'll improve the legibility and overall look. Let me know...

Thanks so much for the offer, John!

Technically the specs for the cover have eaten away so much of my time due to insanely picky publisher requirements, so I can't possibly change anything more than a few tweaks here & there in my original files at this point.

But I'm no designer, so if you have specific suggestions how it can be improved, let me know & I'll see if I can do a quick fix. Time has simply run out to do anything new or significantly different. Fonts are unchangeable - they match the interior of the book.

Do let me know any suggestions. My feelings won't be hurt if you think it needs an overhaul. (There's always the 2nd edition!)

Tammy

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Thanks so much for the offer, John!

Technically the specs for the cover have eaten away so much of my time due to insanely picky publisher requirements, so I can't possibly change anything more than a few tweaks here & there in my original files at this point.

But I'm no designer, so if you have specific suggestions how it can be improved, let me know & I'll see if I can do a quick fix. Time has simply run out to do anything new or significantly different. Fonts are unchangeable - they match the interior of the book.

Do let me know any suggestions. My feelings won't be hurt if you think it needs an overhaul. (There's always the 2nd edition!)

Tammy

Legibility and contrast is your biggest problem. I had no interest in any significant design changes, just enhancing certain things. I've run out of time anyway, I'm packing now and leaving for the Keys in the morning. I'll be happy to help on your 2nd edition.
Good Luck,
John

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks to all for the help.

I heeded everyone's advice & came up with a fun way to use all the suggestions. You'll have to come to the booksigning on Monday to find out how!

1715 Fleet Events

Hope to see everyone there!

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I look forward to seeing everyone there today. Should be fun. Lots of artists, musicians & writers all together!
1715 Fleet Events

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions