1715 Symposium In Vero Beach

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There is a 2-day symposium sponsored by the 1715 Fleet Society the Vero Beach Museum (as referenced in a different thread) and not to de-rail that one ... who here is planning on attending? Just curious and hoping to meet some of the regulars here from the area.

For those who don't know Here is the link below

http://www.1715fleetsociety.com/product-category/300th-anniversary-events/

Last edited:
OP
OP
TreasureCDave

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Judging by the lack of response to my question, I guess the $75 a day fee will keep many from attending this one.

TCPalm has a list of all event including a 3 day "Pirate Festival" that is free ($2 donation requested) I'm just not getting the pirate part. Link below.

Treasure Coast events commemorating 300th anniversary of 1715 Fleet disaster - TC Palm

I was going to attend the conference with a buddy from out of town but he can't make it.

The Boy Scout event in Malabar is free as well.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
joe frog said he will be there.

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be nice (lol) if all current or retired past treasure hunters bring a reales or escudo of his or her choice and cast back upon the beaches where all the lost souls perished 300 years ago...has to be a grade 2 or better (lol). Have someone stand at all the beach accesses on that day and charge 75.00 for anyone wanting to hunt the beach?

I don't see a list of speakers to all these events posted...

Trez

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If the symposium tix are transferrable, I'll be happy to "raffle" mine off for free at the book signing on Monday. Be sure to stop by my "The Treasure Galleons" table wherever they put me with the other authors at the library.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread