Anyone know why Blue Hole Expedition was suing Eugene Lyon in Florida in 2007/8?

OP
OP
LM

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mostly interested in why the jurisdiction was SJC.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Lyons 2.0.jpg
An interested party can always ask the Court to release the documents -

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks simple enough,

The records were sealed to protect the location of a sunken ship: "....and other confidential information with respect to a sunken vessel contained in the exhibits."

The reasoning for the suit could be anything. Maybe it's all bogus. Maybe Dr Lyons leaked some info he shouldn't have. Maybe Dr Lyons was being paid for researching their sunken ship, and while in so doing, he may have also been on somebody else's payroll doing research along the same lines. Maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe. WHO KNOWS?!? Although, I would like to know the answer. It may answer a question about the man relating to a completely different subject.

UPDATE:

After reading through all the available documents, it looks like Blue Hole Expeditions sued Dr. Lyons and Northern Oceanic Research & Tecnology(sic) Holdings, LLC (NORTH - LLC). After entering into an agreement between North-LLC and BHE, "North-LLC" demanded an additional $2 million for their ship to leave the dock. It never left. Now, a third party is in the running for the same sunken ship. Looks like Lyons and his trusts are being sued because of possible income loss to the third party.

Mike

Last edited:

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions