New 1715 Fleet Book

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
Hot off the press...

The book includes the manuscript Gold on the Florida Coast by Captain Steadman Parker. Parker is the man who first told Kip Wagner about the coins he was finding on the beach. Parker had several state leases in 1950-51. The manuscript tells his version of the events that transpired.

The rare manuscript was found by Karen McKee (the daughter of Art McKee) while going through some of her father's research collection. The manuscript is reprinted in it's entirety.

The book is also about the other pioneers who paved the way for the later success accomplished by Kip Wagner, the Real Eight Company, Mel Fisher and others.

The work of Charles Dana Higgs, Hale Smith, Art McKee's 1955 "Operation Vero Beach" Jack Carr, and Roger King. Carr and Silas Thomas' expedition to the Wedge Wreck, and Don Neiman's account of finding the original site of the fort at Fort Pierce and the work he did with Bruce Ward relating to the Douglass Beach wreck. John Durham's "Bulldozer Bonanza." Joe Conway's cannon discovery in 1939.

Attachments

• ANNOUNCEMENT.jpg
    ANNOUNCEMENT.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
G

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
Hi Denniss,

The book is 200+ pages, Ben Costello (1715 Fleet Society) was kind enough to write the foreword, and will eventually have all the details on his website.

You can get the book directly through me. Send me a PM with your mailing address and everything.

treshuntintom

May 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey stranger,just sent you pm today about something else.You know I want copy of book.Tom

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Galleon Hunter, I tried to PM you but your private message box is full. Please give me a total with shipping to 33411.

diggemallbill

Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30k. Is that what it cost for a sight? is that annually? and if so, how large of an area. New member to the sight by the way.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great book - I just finished it. If you think you have read everything there is about the 1715 fleet, you need to read this book. Lots of new stuff I never saw before anywhere.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rob... Love to get a copy of the new book... Let me know how I can pick one up from you. Best, Mike

OP
OP
G

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
Great book - I just finished it. If you think you have read everything there is about the 1715 fleet, you need to read this book. Lots of new stuff I never saw before anywhere.

Hi Boatlode, Glad you liked the book. It has gotten a lot of positive feedback. I wanted it to have new information many people have never even heard of, not just a rehashing of Kip Wagner, Real Eight, and Mel Fisher, etc. So yes I focused on the early history of the Treasure Coast before it even became known as the "Treasure Coast." I think the inclusion of many of the old documents also enhances the book.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have not seen this book, you have missed out! I think Rob has some left, but I don't know how many. It is PACKED full of stuff that you will not have heard anywhere else. He has a full interview with Don Neiman, and a complete reprint of a typed document that Steadman Parker sent to Art McKee that sheds new light on the real background story of Kip Wagner. The analysis of the King, Carr, McKee venture at Sandy Point (and other locations) is an eye opener for sure. And this is not a re-hash of "he-said-this" material. In the best kind of documentary, Rob actually included the prints of the actual documents themselves, so you can see for yourself what was said and done. Rob even found a photo of the concrete monument the McKee and Carr put on the bottom at the Sandy Point Wreck! If you read carefully, you can find names in this book that suddenly make sense... you heard the name before, but did not know who that might have been. In my case, it was Jack Prince. There is also a chapter about John "Bull" Durham. All told, if you're trying to keep up with 1715 Fleet lore, you need to read this book!

OP
OP
G

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
Thanks Terry for your kind words. I have always respected your advice and appreciate all the research you put into your books. Such a nice compliment coming from you really means a lot to me. Book sales have been steady. I only did a very limited print run of 200 and only have about a dozen left now. When they are gone they are gone, although Ben Costello has suggested I do a print run of 20 or 25 individually numbered in a limited hard cover edition. Will let you know if that ever happens. Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread