Spain, watch CBS in the morning.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would watch the video, some amazing archaeology and a real nice piece of equipment.. I like the laser tracking and scanning, with impeccable imaging

https://comeresaprensa-a.akamaihd.n...8/55814260001_4446487253001_4446445453001.mp4

https://comeresaprensa-a.akamaihd.n...8/55814260001_4446486902001_4446468763001.mp4

Certainly a commitment to archaeology...

As far as Spain buying a lease, that does not appear to be their focus. As noted, they appear to be taking legal action against the latest recovery from the 1715 fleet. Given they are a Sovereign with unlimited legal resources, I would treat them very, very carefully at this point. Like California, they will deep pocket you out of business.
Time to evolve or become a casualty of evolution (with big legal bills)

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ships of Tristan de Luna come to mind. There is a whole fleet of 11 Spanish galleons that sank in 1559 in the Florida panhandle. The University of West Florida found them but they were not treasure ships. Tristan de Luna was trying to start a new Spanish colony. Spain was not interested when UWF started to excavate the wrecks.

Of course not...
Would have cost them money...
Not made them money.

OR should we say... Not ENOUGH money. heh
They only want the "good stuff"...
And leave the "trash"...
which is what they have historically always done.

Last edited:

th2011

Jan 1, 2011
Murphy, NC
Detector(s) used
CZ-20
Is there any evidence to date that for certain that Spain has filed any paperwork in Federal court challenging the 1715 treasures? I have been hearing the rumors too, but no media coverage on the subject, nor court papers being disseminated to public yet.

I would watch the video, some amazing archaeology and a real nice piece of equipment.. I like the laser tracking and scanning, with impeccable imaging

https://comeresaprensa-a.akamaihd.n...8/55814260001_4446487253001_4446445453001.mp4

https://comeresaprensa-a.akamaihd.n...8/55814260001_4446486902001_4446468763001.mp4

Certainly a commitment to archaeology...

As far as Spain buying a lease, that does not appear to be their focus. As noted, they appear to be taking legal action against the latest recovery from the 1715 fleet. Given they are a Sovereign with unlimited legal resources, I would treat them very, very carefully at this point. Like California, they will deep pocket you out of business.
Time to evolve or become a casualty of evolution (with big legal bills)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO...
Spain has no right to anything in this country... PERIOD.
Spain sold those rights off when it was in debt to America in 1819...
And felt Florida was worthless... and void of value.

Whenever gold or silver is found... Spain rears its head.
Beat it Spain.. buzz off.
This is NOT your heritage... OR your "property"... Items in/on our soil ARE NOW OURS.
You sold your heritage to us... but want your cake and eat it too...
a deal is a deal... and now you think that reclaiming things is part of that deal.
But it is not... nor was it ever.

Quit manipulating the "system" by trying to steal Florida's/Americas property...
We all know this is what you have always done... in the old days you just stole/took it...
And it seems the system is allowing you to do the same today.
When it comes to "treasure"... We all know Spains "heritage" has been shady since day one...
And your "heritage" is and has been... that you will stop at nothing to satify your "thirst of gold"...
Through history to this very day.

What people need to wake up and see is...
GOLD AND SILVER / MONIES... ARE NOT PART OF ANYONES HERITAGE !
They/it are part of a WORLD system... USED worldwide.
And should NEVER be classed as a "part" OR necessity today to "show" anything.
ONE EXAMPLE OF EACH ITEM WOULD BE ENOUGH TO GET THE JOB DONE...
What of the "excess" ? where are they ?

Spain... your "heritage reason" makes me sick... you are merely trying to steal back gold you stole to begin with.

Your greed is unprecedented... THATS YOUR HERITAGE.

PS> This rant is the opinion of a bystander... who has seen and heard enough.
(final draft) :P

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any evidence to date that for certain that Spain has filed any paperwork in Federal court challenging the 1715 treasures? I have been hearing the rumors too, but no media coverage on the subject, nor court papers being disseminated to public yet.

You don't have to be Einstein to know that it is only a "matter of time"...
OR
A matter of "need"... IE: when they spend the rest of the piles that they have RE stolen.

When someone else does the work... they step in and claim that their long lost stolen precious treasure belongs to them.
And awards the salvagers a big "screw you its ours".

What crap.

Last edited:

th2011

Jan 1, 2011
Murphy, NC
Detector(s) used
CZ-20
I understand your position, but was only curious if such legal action by Spain had already taken effect, that's all. Thanks

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your position, but was only curious if such legal action by Spain had already taken effect, that's all. Thanks

Not to my knowledge...
I do not "follow" it...

To me... anything out of their mouths is just a "ploy".

Sorry to "rag" Spain... but the truth is the truth and they need to knock it off...
They have managed to take back things from "other places"...
But it really pisses me off they "take from US"...
And if anyone from Spain affiliated with this scam "takes offense"...

TOO BAD !... heh... In THIS country OUR HERITAGE revolves around freedom... and the thoughts and speech therein.

Maybe Spain would want that too if it were "worth money"...
Claiming that because they were here in the "beginnings" of this country...
And got in debt for 5 million... and sold us land to settle that debt...
That they wanted and are entitled to a royalty when freedom of speech is used.

heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tired of seeing people get ripped off OR attempted to be through bogus legal railroading.

When the talk of the possibility of a swooping in theft of someone's hard work and perseverance comes up...
I tend to "stand up for the little guy / underdog"...
To me...
The thought of them doing this constantly to my "family"... of like minded individuals who for the better part are the best type of people...
REALLY irks me.

And now they want to do it on our soil.
As Americans... IMO... We should tolerate ZERO of this nonsense sanctioned THEFT of OUR property.

DO WE CLAIM THINGS AMERICANS LOST OR LEFT IN THEIR COUNTRY ?

Steal/Take from somewhere else...
Not this Country.

And I will be very disappointed in our legislature if they EVEN CONSIDER allowing this to happen to its citizens.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It boils down to these FACTS...
They lost it...
They knew where...
And they sold it knowing this...
Now that it is being found in amounts that could / will "pay" to try and steal it legally back...
They posture that they MAY want it back.

This is what kills me.

MPH200

Oct 26, 2012
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I agree with you 100%. If they wanted it bad enough they would be out looking for it.
I just don't want you to have a heart attack.

jsturg

Mar 18, 2005
Eldersburg, MD
Detector(s) used
Brain
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To come back 300 years later... 30 decades... roughly 12 generations, is ridiculous. That's like me say somebody wronged my great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather and I now what to challenge it. It's history at this point. Certainly, Spain has history in the Florida area. If the Spanish have interest in this part of their history and want to visit St Augustine, or any part of Florida, get a passport and a plane ticket and visit! Museum hours are public knowledge and we'll welcome the visit.

If the 1715 fleet was loaded with coconuts, or some hazardous material, I have no doubt Spain would be very, very quiet. This leads me to believe this is nothing other than greed. Spanish archives themselves state 2 ships were lost in deep water. Is Spain going after them? No. They're trying to steal the hard work of others because it's easier than doing the hard work themselves! The fact is that "shipwreck engineers" (I don't believe "treasure hunters" accurately portrays the hard work that currently occurs), have invested tons of research time and personal money, while busting their a$$ doing hard labor while dealing with sharks, lawyers, murky water, tidal surges, sunburn, dive related illness, and the potential damage or destruction of their own vessels on the reefs. Yet it is their perseverance that leads them to continue researching, develop new strategies, and invest in and use new technologies that we may all profit from seeing these amazing artifacts.

Why not try to learn as much as we can about history? Without a doubt, the beauty of some of the artifacts found is unprecedented. Responsibly find it, show it, and be proud of it! There are many suspicions but we don't know the full story of these ships yet. Why did those 2 1715 ships disappear in deep water? Did they disappear in deep water or did they flee elsewhere? Did they succomb to Jennings? Heck - why are we looking for MH 370? Why - the answer to all of these questions and more is because we don't yet know the full story and there is vast information yet to be learned and shared. Shipwreck engineers are doing an outstanding job at getting closer to the truth while being under considerable constraint (e.g., Canaveral and Amelia area).

Affected are the very people that have spent their lives trying to learn from these events and disseminate the information to the public. What does Spain want to do - open a museum? How about using some of what Spain already recovered? Surely, there was more than enough that made its way back for a museum. Spain's own archives state that.

If this is about money, there are many ships still missing. I don't know that any fleet has been found in it's entirety. Many ships never made it to Spain and are still lost. Hundreds. Have at it Spain! Don't try to steal the hard work of others. Entitlement doesn't work well for teenagers and it won't work well for Spain.

Finally, technically, there is absolutely no proof what 1715 wreck is what on the treasure coast and there is absolutely no way anybody can conclusively prove at this time if a specific site is from the 1715 fleet, a pirate vessel, some vessel sent from Cuba, a British or French sailed ship, or a vessel from Virginia.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
As someone posted. " If you find anything valuable. Keep your mouth shut."
A Greedy Country and a Shyster Lawyer can do a lot of Damage.

Last edited:

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The beauty of forums is that you can avoid the heart attack by releasing your anger through your typing fingers (or finger if either you're a bad typist or got your hands caught reaching for the wrong person's booty).

Rant away!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not angry... in a "physical way"
Heh.
:)
Just stating my mind in a blunt way.

I just type that way. When on a soapbox :P

jsturg

Mar 18, 2005
Eldersburg, MD
Detector(s) used
Brain
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm with you AARC. You echoed many of my feelings but I was well into my thoughts and message when you posted. I actually had a few more thoughts but felt my post was long enough as it was. Maybe a separate topic one day.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you AARC. You echoed many of my feelings but I was well into my thoughts and message when you posted. I actually had a few more thoughts but felt my post was long enough as it was. Maybe a separate topic one day.

Heh lol...

Yeah I tend to "drive the point home"... per say. :)

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WOULD love to see all of South and Central America sue Spain. for the harm they did there people back then.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That brings up ANOTHER good point...

How much of that gold and silver originated from prospects here ?
I think some testing should be done to establish its origins...
Maybe WE want OUR things back after any analysis that can show any of the silver and gold that has been returned to them actually originated here in America.
And that means IT IS OUR heritage that we would want back.

See how silly how this sounds. heh

Don't ya think its time to stand our ground... ON OUR GROUND... and tell em to go pound sand on their own beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread