Spain, watch CBS in the morning.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WOULD love to see all of South and Central America sue Spain. for the harm they did there people back then.

What of Native Americans, should they sue the United States Government for their treatment?

I think some testing should be done to establish its origins..

Wouldn't that be the typical course of action anyways? Testing has been done on recoveries to determine the content and this helps with identification. Is everything that is found on the Florida Coast from the 1715 fleet?

Why was this find splashed all over the news? Many posts here, even this thread, were set up to taunt Spain. Well, now there is a reaction from Spain.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
What of Native Americans, should they sue the United States Government for their treatment?

Wouldn't that be the typical course of action anyways? Testing has been done on recoveries to determine the content and this helps with identification. Is everything that is found on the Florida Coast from the 1715 fleet?

Why was this find splashed all over the news? Many posts here, even this thread, were set up to taunt Spain. Well, now there is a reaction from Spain.
What reaction from Spain?
I haven't seen anything in the news or any court documents stating that Spain's attorney is going after the 1715 recovery.
Could you please provide a link? I would like to read it.

jsturg

Mar 18, 2005
Eldersburg, MD
Detector(s) used
Brain
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I WOULD love to see all of South and Central America sue Spain. for the harm they did there people back then.
I'm pretty sure Spain's Phillip V is dead, as well as everyone that was in the New World at the time. Don't think the court case would get very far. As I mentioned in my marathon post above, going back that far just doesn't make sense. Thinking of all of the atrocities that have occurred in the world, this could be a never ending struggle where lawyers are the only winners.

However, we're getting way off topic here. Fantastic video and that find and the impeccable timing of it was priceless. I give Brent a lot of credit - I'm not sure I'd be able to string 3 words together after that. Great interview!

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

That would be great if any of their civilizations survived the Spanish invasion. But of course the same can be said of English, Dutch, etc. here in the USA. Lots of blame to go around. Obviously, it has to stop somewhere. If people want others to pay for the sins of their fathers, no civilization could move forward.

There are so many arguments against Spain stepping in that it's sad to think they actually could get their way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread