Fossils and artifacts

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Some of you will not doubt figure out where I am going but here is my question.
Is it against the Law to hunt for Maladon Teeth in a Florida river.
Rgecy will problely be able to answer this question.
But lets also say that during this Hunt you were to come across some very old wood.
You must understand that the vis is "O" which means you have to feel your way around. Now if you were to remove a piece of this wood to see what it actually is cause it may be a tree and until it is tested you have no idea what it is. It could alo be a piece of old driftwood.
Would it be against the Law to remove this piece of wood because you are NOT treasure hunting but actually looking for fossils ::).
i DO NOT THINK THIS BELONGS IN THE FOSSIL SECTION-DO YOU?
Peg Leg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know where you're going Peg Leg. How do you discriminate between a 300 year old log-piece-of-wood and a 300 year old shipwreck-piece-of-wood? It is NOT against the law to hunt for Megalodon teeth in any state since the teeth are not man made. Venice Beach on the Gulf of Mexico is a famous place to search for fossil shark teeth in Florida. It is perfectly legal and there is also shark tooth sales booths there!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg,

when you get your log or wood,just tell em you found it on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions