CASTING TREASURE HUNTING REALITY SHOW, MAJOR COMPANY, TRAVEL AND LODGING PROVIDED

Terrell Boaz

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

My name is Terrell Boaz and I am a casting coordinator at Renegade 83 Inc. a Los Angeles based production company with multiple shows in production on major networks including A&E and The Discovery Channel.

We are in the process of developing a reality adventure show based around treasure hunting, in particular the search for some lost confederate gold.

The search will take place in the northern mid-west and all travel and accommodations will be covered and provided by the production in addition to pay.

As of now we are trying to find contestants so if you or anyone you know would be interested in being a part of the hunt please email your contact info to [email protected] for more info on becoming a part of the show, make sure to put TREASURE HUNT in the subject line.

Best,
Terrell Boaz

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the pay per day? Pro treasure hunters dont come cheap.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Whats the pay per day? Pro treasure hunters dont come cheap.

Fisheye, they should pay extra for you. You and my friend Lenny are the types of Characters that would make the show a total success. You guys would make the audience
be glued to their seats, whether the show found treasure or not. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Terrell Boaz

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I have contacted the site admins about the post and they have requested that it be taken down so later tonight I will have to remove it but if you would like more info feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will answer any and all questions that production will allow. I will also be posting on other forums and contacting various treasure hunting groups over the next couple weeks to build and gauge interest. Wishing you all the best on your hunts.

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Huh? And why are they asking you to take this down? What a typical bunch of BS. Good luck with your show, Terrell.

Oh... maybe because this has nothing to do with shipwrecks? If that's the case.. My Bad..
TW

Hello, I have contacted the site admins about the post and they have requested that it be taken down so later tonight I will have to remove it but if you would like more info feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will answer any and all questions that production will allow. I will also be posting on other forums and contacting various treasure hunting groups over the next couple weeks to build and gauge interest. Wishing you all the best on your hunts.

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm sounds interesting.........

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yeah, I caught that too. Perhaps that means, if you have your pro treasure hunter card, you're paid union top wages?

To clarify .... I got the mental image of going to the dock with your reg in a briefcase, earned a good salary (whether you found treasure or not) had medical, dental and a 401k.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats so funny ?
Never heard / known a professional treasure hunter before ?

pro·fes·sion·al
/prəˈfeSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective: professional
1. of, relating to, or connected with a profession.
2. (of a person) engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime.
"a professional boxer"
synonyms: paid, salaried
"a professional rugby player"

A professional is a member of a profession or any person who earns their living from a specified activity. The term also describes the standards of education and training that prepare members of the profession with the particular knowledge and skills necessary to perform the role of that profession.

SO...
In other words...
IF you have a need for someone to "hunt treasure"...
AND you would like it done in a "professional manner"...
You would then contact... a "professional treasure hunter".
AKA... someone who... has... OR... does... "hunt treasure" for a "living/wage/profession".

Last edited:
S

stefen

The search for lost confederate gold will take place in the northern mid-west.

Ain't that yankee country?

What y'all been smokin?

That's kinda like looking for crocodiles on Santa Catalina Island off of the Los Angeles coast.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder, Terrell Boaz the OP is a member just like everyone else and is to be treated with the same respect as any other member...

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Reminder, Terrell Boaz the OP is a member just like everyone else and is to be treated with the same respect as any other member...

Point taken TH. No disrespect meant. Just a side of caution ;) The Op is here with the sole intent on pitching a "reality" program, not to further the forum here.

I believe you know how light that can be taken with .... "Oak Island" "Snake Island"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Point taken TH. No disrespect meant. Just a side of caution ;) The Op is here with the sole intent on pitching a "reality" program, not to further the forum here.

I believe you know how light that can be taken with .... "Oak Island" "Snake Island"
Post was in general, not directed at anyone....OP is a member and receives same consideration as all members.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Only Confederate Treasure I ever heard of in the northern mid-west would be the suppose train that is under Lake Michigan. If this is the treasure should not divers be contacted?
That story was discussed on the Legends/CSA treasury thread, and seems to be based on a patchwork of lore- the Union names and where they were in action, dates that this happened, etc of the story are in contrast to actual events.
US Col Robert Horatio Minty ,4th Michigan Cavalry, did NOT capture Jefferson Davis, but members of the 4th did capture Davis and his nephew, CSA Capt John Taylor Wood, captain of the Confederate raider, CSS TALLAHASSEE at Irwinville, Irwin county, Georgia.
Minty was Not court marshalled in 1864, but was honorably mustered out , April 15, 1865.
Minty returned to Michigan after the War, was involved with railroads there, but Minty NEVER returned to Georgia, and was never involved with the ATLANTIC & GULF Railroad.
Lincoln county is in NE Georgia, near the South Carolina border, and does have a town called Chennault, but the Chennault Plantation, site of a raid where part of the Confederate treasury was stolen, is in Washington, Georgia.
Wood paid a Union soldier to let him escape, where he joined up with CSA Sec of War John C Breckinridge (who was with the Treasury at Chennault's Plantation), and CSA Sec of State Judah P Benjamin, who escape the Union by way of Hart's JAMES BURT riverboat, down the St Johns and Oklawaha to Silver Springs/Ocala where they stayed with CSA Brig Gen Robert Bullock and Benjamin's cousins for a week before their final flight out of the country.
Hart was paid in gold coins and a keg half filled with Mexican silver dollars was buried at CSA Fort Brook, where Orange Creek meets the Oklawaha River.

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The St johns river flows north to Jacksonville.The Oklawaha River is up the river from Jacksonville.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats so funny ?
Never heard / known a professional treasure hunter before ?

pro·fes·sion·al
/prəˈfeSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective: professional
1. of, relating to, or connected with a profession.
2. (of a person) engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime.
"a professional boxer"
synonyms: paid, salaried
"a professional rugby player"

A professional is a member of a profession or any person who earns their living from a specified activity. The term also describes the standards of education and training that prepare members of the profession with the particular knowledge and skills necessary to perform the role of that profession.

SO...
In other words...
IF you have a need for someone to "hunt treasure"...
AND you would like it done in a "professional manner"...
You would then contact... a "professional treasure hunter".
AKA... someone who... has... OR... does... "hunt treasure" for a "living/wage/profession".
=====================================================
EXACTLY,, If I could hit that "like" button twice,,, I would for this response.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The St johns river flows north to Jacksonville.The Oklawaha River is up the river from Jacksonville.
The Silver, Oklawaha, and St Johns do flow north, the Oklawaha and Silver are south of Jacksonville. It does sound awkward to say that they escaped south up the rivers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread