Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sean Wesley McKean is just another grave robber that wants anything you find for himself!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
WTF? Its not a complete t-rex skeleton. Its a bloody beer bottle.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Yep, and like anything, all the have to do is say it's historic and the game is over. It's done all the time.
Happened recently I believe I read it here, where a THer went to the local officials and received permission, once they found the booty, and paid for the recovery, restoration, documentation, and such, the higher ups in office declared it historic and you know the rest of the story.

bay pirate

Aug 26, 2012
Mobile Bay
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Jesus Christ, that's horse ****. When are people going to keep there pie holes shut. Nothing like finding old sewer pipes and beeping coral. Wish I could have that kinda luck, wink BVI

TimmTreasure

Dec 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Lagina Brothers find anything of value on Oak Island... The Gov't hands and mouths will be open for sure.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bottle would most likely "NEVER" have been found if not for Crouse - what a corrupt world we live in.................

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
grubbermint (greedy , grabby govt) at its finest ... mine ,mine ,mine ...gimme gimme ,gimme like a damn spoiled 3 year old brat

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hum "seizer" sounds a lot like "ceaser" to me --those who think them themselves a god and use that mentality to justify taking what they want from the "peons"..

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Find something historic in your septic tank. Report it...

Get your tank cleaned for free!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
True story.
When I was a young boy, I went with my father up to Canada on a fishing trip. While there, I found a broken arrowhead on the shoreline.
Driving back, on our way through customs, for whatever reason our party got pulled over for secondary inspection. So they brought us into the office and had us all empty our pockets. So I did, some Canadian coins I was bring home for my collection, the broken arrowhead, a fishing lure and whatever else an 8 year old boy is apt to have in his pocket after just being on a fishing trip.

There were two customs guys, the one who took the 'tray' I had emptied my pockets into picked up the "busted arrowhead" and asked where I got it. I told him I picked it up on the lakeshore. The customs guy behind him just rolled his eyes and kinda groaned and flicked his fingers/wrists in a motion to indicate "just let it go" to the other customs guy but no, he must have been a real 'by the book' kind of fella who promptly said something about 'cultural artifacts', proclaimed that the 3/4 of a broken arrowhead would be seized and asked my dad if we wanted a receipt for it. Much to dad's credit, he told the guy to ask me (the 8 year old boy) if I wanted a receipt since he was taking it from me, not him. Customs Dickhead looked at me for a second, was obviously embarrassed, muttered something about me being a minor, 'if you want a receipt we can provide one' then walked off. The other customs guy just cringed and told us to load our truck back up and cross.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread