Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Finn

Nov 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We were using Shark Shield Freedom 7 units, which is earlier model i think, in diving operations for 500 diving hours. There are young hammer heads and bull sharks around fishing harbors and fish factories here. Local divers reported seen those every now and then. Our divers were never bothered by sharks. We saw sharks from the boat so i know that there were sharks around.

Salud

Finn

Finn

Nov 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I forgot to mention one important detail; We didn't experience any noticeable interference with hand held metal detectors.

Finn

OP
OP
A

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx Finn!

I was wondering about the footnote where it says you should wear a full suit....

Forget the stupid commentary...this shark scares the crap out of me....

Last edited:

Finn

Nov 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, sharks do make me feel uncomfortable when they are around. The fact is that when one has a job to do underwater, a job that requires a full concentration, it is simply not possible if those killing machines are there. I am not sure if these give 100% protection but U.S. navy is using them and there are independent tests done too and according to my experience they work.

We were using those with full wet suits and also with dry suits and Interspiro Mk2 apparatus, not just a full face mask but the whole apparatus.

I do not care what those romantic shark lovers say, sharks are wild predators who act according their instincts.

Salud

Finn

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
My lads use one each and they dived every day in some of the most shark (and crocodile) infested waters on this planet (pearl farming).
The shields work a treat!
That said there were 'problems' - where they dived a steel hulled shipwreck... the trailing part when it contacts the steel I beams of the hull transmits to pulse to you if your hanging onto / touching any other steel part of the hull.
Also if either manages to brush / touch the others trailing part a jolt or 3 should be expected.
Both lads still saw sharks most days -but weren't "bothered" by them while wearing the shields.
Pretty much we didn't spear fish while diving coz in those waters its just asking to get bit.

GreatWhiteorOrca.jpg

Pic_0501_0142.jpg

We seemed to have our share of big sharks follow the calving whales on their migration past us and also some reasonable sized snappin handbags.

No bites while wearing the shark shields & the 2 lads swum the pearl lines every day.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see me swimming with sharks, you may rest assured that someone threw me overboard. I do, however, admire those brave enough to face the odds to bring History to the surface.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread