Aquascan

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Tim,
I have used them a lot. Very good but expensive. On the Polly L, I've heard they break down a lot. I used them with Florida Research and found them very god, no complaints. Easy to use large and small coils available. The guys on the Polly L recommend the Excalibur 1000 but we do use the Aqua Pulse also.
Diverlynn

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
Howdy,I have used the Aquapulse heavily for 8 years.It is the primary detector used on the Atocha site.It is very sensitive.As with any tools,good care and maint is a must.Regular charging schedule and cleaning.The round body is easy to configure to attaching to your diving gear.I prefer headphones to a bonefone,but to each his own ,the bonefone is small and loud. There are at least 4 different loop sizes,and a probe,easily changable with the Ikelite style plug.(also easy maint).I configured mine on a JW fisher handle for a good long sweep. Love this unit! good luck,

Attachments

• P4040114.JPG
    P4040114.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 412
OP
OP
S

Sea hunter 2

Thanks very much my unit should arrive this week, i thought this was the case, which is why i bought it, I,m sure it will reward me, as yours has done to you.

Any tips on maintenance? Please, other than the obvious rinsing in fresh water

Many thanks
Tim

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sea hunter,

just take care of the O rings,make sure they are clean and free of any sand particles.1 grain of sand at 10 or more feet will cut a O ring in half at pressure.use clear silicone grease for your O rings.you can get the silicone clear grease at any pool supply store.not vasaline or any other grease product as it will degrade the rubber.i clean all my O rings(uw md,video camera houseings) with denatured alcohol then blow them off with clean air from a scuba tank,then re grease them.dont do it at the beach,find a clean area to do it out of the wind.an of course wash everything off with fresh clean water after use.i use hot water in a shower.

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
Hello again Seahunter,A couple tips on the Aquapulse,Inthe photos you can see a guard that EO Industries made to protect the dials,also clamping a D-ring to the unit makes it very easy to hook on your gear,or mount some nice plastic snap buckles.Under the arm is real convenient for adjusting your threshhold as you go.also you can see the neat handle setup. I've included a pic of testing the voltage on the unit, Have fun!

Attachments

• outfitted Atocha diver1.jpg
    outfitted Atocha diver1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 307
  • outfitted Atocha diver 2.jpg
    outfitted Atocha diver 2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Aquapulse3.jpg
    Aquapulse3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 291
OP
OP
S

Sea hunter 2

Hey Guys

Thanks a lot, you guys really have been helpful, your tips will help keep my baby in tip top condition for a long time, look forward to sharing some pictires with you real soon

Safe diving!
Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread