Any shipwrecks in Tampa Bay area and Pinellas county shores??

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There have been a lot of finds and I met some of the people that made finds but nothing is documented. Everyone here on the W. coast keeps quiet about it. The areas you mentioned have been worked to death and I don't think you will find anything unless you have some really serious detecting equipment.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only heard of people talking about it as well. But I've never gotten specific details of anything...

Bran <><

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there are several real "history's" of actual lost vessels and real treasure lost in the area around tampa---and there are also a whole bunch false BS "treasue tales" too---the hard part is sorting the facts from the fluff---thats were good research comes in ---two books that I recommend for beginners are --shipwrecks in florida waters by robert f. marx and shipwrecks of florida by steven d.singer---try your local library---- if they don't have them get your library to do a inter library loan to get them for you to read---Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread