with cuba opening up to tourism --think we will be able to metal detect the beaches ?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, can't seem to find any recent info.....this link goes back to 2010.

"Dispite what I have read here. The word from the Cuban Horse's Mouth is that even that's it's only a hobby..Metal Detecting on Cuba's Resort Beaches is "strictly forbidden" your machine can be taken at Cuban Customs.
So I aint risking loosing my $500 machine. It aint no Radio Shack Metal detector!!
Hopefully soon this will change for all us Metal Detecting Enthusiasts globally. There's lots of lost loot on those resort beaches and in the shallow water to be found!
Put that in your cigar Fidel..."Beep-beep".

Cuba Tourist Board: Hobby Metal Detectors Are.. - Cuba Forum - TripAdvisor

Last edited:

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey guys. As a Canadian that has been to Cuba many many times over the last decade I'm afraid the answer will still be no. Most likely you'll loose your detector as you come through customs, long before you set foot on a beach. I've made many inquiries etc over the years about bringing mine and the answer is always the same no matter who or where or when you ask.

Trust me, I always found it odd that I keep travelling over and over to the only place I can't bring my detector. I'm silly. :dontknow: Suppose that's the definition of metal detecting insanity....

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would they say about a sifter?

The Hun

Dec 6, 2008
Hungary
I saw a guy with detector at Marasul...
He wore neopren suit and a bag on her side and just walked in the beach, the policmen did nothing against her.
It was in 2014 or 2015 (I have a video)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

As an alternative I'd suggest going to the Dominican Republic....better food comparable prices and no problems metal detecting.

Regards + HH

Bill

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you are on your way to airport to catch your flight... stop and ship it overnight Via Fed-Ex to your hotel.

:P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread