Old boxes from late 1700s to early 1800, Id required.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old boxes from late 1700's to early 1800', Id required.

hello
The canadain goverment has some boxes in its possesion that came from the natives on the west coast.
Cedar Bentwood Chests of the First Nations of the Pacific North West
These boxes can also be seen in caves from the west coast.:treasurechest: I have seen many but most are empty and not one has been painted.
According TO THE CANADAIN GOV. Because they where taken from the Indians and are found in caves that have bones in them, they are boxes created by the indians AND THE BOXES IN CAVES ARE ALL INDIAN BURIAL BOXES. , end of story.
I want to rule out the potential they where taken from ship's and just used by the indians.
I personally think they could be in fact taken from old ship's from the 1790's TO THE 1850'S.
The boxes are all the same and the ones i have seen are identical to these.
I could use your help to search history for boxes that match these. the Boxes have wood dowels and rope holding them together, it makes scenes for ships to use boxes made like this because nails rust.
canvas4.png canvas1.png canvas.png

S

stefen

As a WAG, the boxes may have been crafted by merchant seamen and repurposed by the Native American (or Canadians) as burial boxes.

If in fact they predate 1850, and by the appearance, the wood is of equal thickness and most likely sawn-cut and fitted by a trained craftsman.

However, if made after the 1850's, they could well have been made by the local NA's. Wood working tools would have been introduced by the Russians or others moving into the territory.

I'm sure that the wood can be dated scientifically, as well as the species as being native or foreign.

Then the question that goes begging, is the Canadian government bending due to political influence or modifying its stance based on actual valid research?

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Stefen
This board appears to have been sawn cut.
I would say these where done in the late 1700's.
As for the canadain gov, they are pathetic when it comes to history. :BangHead:
I read a excerpt from a government file with regards to a old box in a cave, a archaeologist was consulted, she stated it was Indian because she has seen the same boxes in caves further up the coast. no research needed , end of story.
After all, only Indian bones can have been placed in caves on the west coast of canada and if boxes are present they to could only have been created by Indians. :notworthy:.
IMG_2835_1.JPG
This one clearly has been sawn-cut and crafted by a craftsman , but does not appear to be made for a box.
This is interesting, it has a head placed on it and an anthropologist, who does not work for the gov looked at the picture of the skull and said "definitely not native, definitely white". but because it was under a overhang of rock the gov called it a cave and said it has to be a indian end of story/investigation.
headboard - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: There seems to be something that may be important. The boxes seem to be open on the side and are for the most part empty. :treasurechest:
I'll post a picture of one of the boxes i have seen and show one thing that appears to accompany all the boxes making me think they where all placed in the caves at the same time. rope and always the same style of rope. :thumbsup:
openbox.jpg rope.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions