rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Lee,

Sorry I wasn't able to get up with you while you were down. Things have been busy up here in SC and I tried to find your number but didn't have it.

Glad you were able to hook up with Jason. Maybe we can get together here before too long. xXx and I are headed to McClelanville tomorrow to look for some Civil War Gold on a wreck near there. Give me a call if you get the chance.

Robert

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robert,

We had a great time visiting with Jason. The Conquistador was great. I hope you find some Civil War Gold.

Lee

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
It's been two whole weeks guys - what's going on? Us working stiffs that gotta do this stuff mostly vicariously need our fix! I hope the radio silence just means you've been pulling stuff up too fast to get to a computer...

Robert - PMd you a couple of weeks go... Guess you're as busy as I am! :)

Hope the water and weather and ghosts are treating you well.

Bob.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry Bob. :D With the hurricane going south of here the seas have been pretty rough, so we've just been finishing up some projects on the boat and doing the mundane chores of treasure hunting. I wish I could tell you it was all fun and games, but that's just not the way it is. For every hour we spend hunting, I spend 4 cleaning and fixing stuff. :D

Crab was up for a nice visit last week, and we stayed pretty busy researching and beach hunting and stuff, so I didn't get online much. We made some really nice beach finds in an area nobody hunts, and can't wait to get back there. ;)

The winds calmed down last night, and I bet we'll get out this weekend. Hopefully we'll find some stuff worth taking pics of. I'm heading to Naples again to dive next week so it may be quiet here again for a bit after this weekend. Rest assured that we have some "other" projects coming down the pipe that will be well worth reading about, but they will require another period of radio silence.

Jason

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Unfortunately, we are not saying at this juncture. ;) I will tell you a funny story though, we had been doing a lot of research, and had finally picked a spot where we thought a wreck must be. We drove to the location, walked over the dunes, and there sat the Polly L. :D You probably saw Luis, Lucy and myself beach hunting right in front of the boat a few weeks ago.

We have some projects outside the US that will be taking shape very soon, and once we've completed the salvage, we'll put a full report online. At this point, it's better for us to keep our mouths shut, I know you understand that. I will be spending the winter out in the Caribbean and may not have much internet access. We have been doing large amounts of research and exploration both in Florida and abroad. You guys will get to see the fruits of that soon enough, but not right now. Once the weather turns bad up here, we may see you guys down South. The weather, waves, and viz were absolutely perfect up here yesterday. :D

Jason

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Chagy and your partners in this "Conquistador" venture,

Because of some health problems with my wife I can not be on the Forum as often as before but I follow the innovation and obvious improvement of the boat and I can not wait to see it in the action here in the Caribbean. Do not be stuck over there in Florida, guys, with all this junk from 1715 fleet......:):):) and come down here to see me soon! I am waiting for you with couple of "interesting shipwrecks" in my file ready to be salvaged. I am on the shore every day, looking at the horizon and waiting to spot two big mailboxes announcing your arrival. Do not let me wait too long!!!

Bobadilla

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread