Blower (Mailbox) Construction for Our New Boat

malady

May 28, 2007
Florida
sounds like a dream come true guys! im so jealous, good luck hunting. im sure you will all do great and find some great treasure. the fun times hunting is a treasure in itself.
malady

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
go deep said:
RGECY I knew you Jason and wife were moving to bigger and better things. I saw the look that morning in Sebastian,back in April the morning after you mounted the blowers on your smaller boat.Just keep in mind,as i am sure you do,make a decision and go with it.Looks like you made a good purchase,just keep working on the master plan,DIVING FOR TREASURE. GO DEEP

Go Deep,

I hope you don't mind me telling this story. It was such a pleasure to meet you that day. What a small world it is.

I don't know if anyone as ever had this happen but it was so surreal. Go Deep came up to us in Sebastian back in April while we were mounting the blower one morning in the parking lot at Capt Hiram's and asked what we were up to. Not knowing each other we talked for a second, explained what we were doing and he mentioned that he knew of the 1715 fleet from following it on TNet. TNet! TNet! I was shocked! TNet! Although he had never posted, after making introductions he knew me from my TNet handle and remembered my avatar. How cool! Jason was there loading up the boat and I went to introduce him, and bam, he goes "I know you! You're ScubaFinder!" He remembered him from his avatar and Jason being the TNet posterboy for a few weeks!

What a small world it is! To be from different parts of the country and to run into each other on such a chance meeting! What a great community of people we have here!

If you get back down to Florida, please give me a shout and would love to have you and your wife out on the boat! That goes for anyone and everyone here on TNet!

Robert

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rgecy,

good luck with the boat,if you ever need anything as far as parts go,i know where to find them here in florida,parts are hard to come by over there on the treasure coast,even electrical stuff.all the marine stores cater to the small toy boat owners.i know where all the big boat surplus stores are.dont buy anything at big marinas.if you need any stainless nuts an bolts dont buy any,i have over 100lbs of them on my boat an another 200lbs at home.every size you could ever imagine.ill never use them all.if that blower breaks i have a friend with a tig,i have several migs an stick welders,plus torches an lots of tools.jason knows how to get ahold of me.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
My brother in law and I made a little trip to the Cape Marina yesterday and met with Steve, Jason and Pete. Robert was on his way down.
They were busting their butts working on the boat.
They were putting everything back together that the movers had removed in order to transport the boat to Florida.
It is a really nice looking boat but there is still a lot of work to be done but the main part is installing the blowers and replacing the Household wires with Marine wireing.
These guys are very serious and I KNOW they will be successful . They should be in the water in another 14 days or less.
Good luck guys.
Peg Leg

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Robert, where are you going to be working when you down here?
I live about 2 miles from the Inlet by water and would be interested in doing some diving for y'all when you get ready. I'm certified and don't have all that much to do. :)
Let me know.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Ropefish

Rob is already in Cocoa Beach with the rest of the gang working on the boat....not sure when, but we will be working in the Sebastian/ Vero area.....

All the best,

Chagy.......

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RopeFish, once we get the thing set up and have a few holes blown, I may be able to use the help. The plan is to dock in Sebastian, I'll be living aboard, and hoping that someone comes down to help when the weather is nice. If nobody can get here and the seas are calm, I might be able to use a mate/diver. Stay in touch....we are all so excited right now that you'd be hard pressed to get us OFF the boat right now, but once things calm down we'll get together.

Here's a few more pics of our progress.

The Conquistador behind my blazer.
boat_blazer.JPG

The cabin, never mind Pete, he was on break. If you ever wonder why we make Speedo jokes all the time....here's your sign. :D
cabin.JPG

Here I am screwing down the flybridge...it's freakin HOT up there at 3pm.
jason_flybridge.JPG

Steve down in the engine room trying to figure out the Electrical situations....a re-wiring was in order.
steve_engine.JPG

Pete up on the deck.
pete_deck.JPG

We cut the entire back sidewalls down about a foot, and are rebuilding the wood structure underneath. When complete, we will fiberglass the whole thing, gel coat, and we'll have a nice short side wall to step off of when diving. We've got a MIG handy, so we should get the blowers tacked up pretty quickly. Luckily Robert is an expert aluminum welder. :D :D :D

More later...hope to see many of you jumping off the back of this thing with a hookah reg in your mouth and a detector in your hand.

Jason

diverj

May 1, 2005
Huntley, IL
Nice boat guys, it looks a lot bigger in these pictures. I bet you cant wait to get it dialed in.
There's nothing like a couple of 454's (Chevy Man )
Jason, i'm a carpenter & work outside on some jobs, i know what you mean about the heat, you cant let your tools set in the sun too long or you cant touch them.
Thank's for the pictures. Its nice to see the projects other 'Th"ers are working on.
Good luck, Jeff

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
RGecy
Good luck along the Treasure Coast this summer,Hope all you have a safe time and find lot's of Treasure !!!
And if you can find the time,Please aim them blowers towards the beach so we can share in the recovery with our beach detectors.Goodluck everyone

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
I am so glad to see you guys living the dream, I hope that you will have a great hunt and finde a lot of great 1715 stuff. Please let us know if there is anything your guys need down there it looks like there is a lot of resources here on Tnet to help you guys on your way.

Hope one day to come down a visit and maybe get a dive in down there, thanks all for the invitation

Treasurenut

skip_fla

Oct 6, 2004
Wakulla, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Jason, Robert ,Chagy Pete. et!!

I'm so happy that you guy's are living the dream. I wish that I could just throw the towel in and join y'all full time ??? One day maybe ;D However if y'all need some help on the weekends or after work (I live in Port Saint Lucie) just send me a pm and I'll give you my cell #

PS: I'm willing to work before diving ;D ;D ;D
Good luck And God Bless!!!!!

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
skip_fla said:
Jason, Robert ,Chagy Pete. et!!

I'm so happy that you guy's are living the dream. I wish that I could just throw the towel in and join y'all full time ??? One day maybe ;D However if y'all need some help on the weekends or after work (I live in Port Saint Lucie) just send me a pm and I'll give you my cell #

PS: I'm willing to work before diving ;D ;D ;D
Good luck And God Bless!!!!!

Thanks Skip!!!!!

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Dang Robert, I'm out of town (and out of touch) for just over a week and you go from "heading up to look at a potential boat" to bought, shipped, torn apart, rebuilt, and almost ready to go digging! Way to go guys! Congrats and wishing you tons of luck.

RGecy said:
We certainly welcome anyone who wants to come dive the 1715 fleet with us this summer!

Put me on the list! (But I sure hope you can find me some better vis than last time though! ;) )

RGecy said:
For those who don't know, there are about 10 of us from TNet who came together this year and said that we could accomplish more as a group than individually. The name of our ragtag bunch is Aquatic Research and Recovery Group (ARGG for short)! We actually formed a company and are a valid Florida corporation with Lots of Vice Presidents! LOL ;D

I can't believe nobody has made the obvious joke yet (although I'm sure you had it in mind when you chose your name): shouldn't that be "Aquatic Research and Recovery Group, Matey"? :D

Bob.

sandman67

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2007
Cocoa Beach, Fl
When will the boat hit the water? I live near and work at the Port and would like to give a hand if needed. I would love to be doing the same thing you'all are doing but by wife, kids and house takes up most of my time. If I was only single!!
Phil,

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Phil,

I have been working towards this for about three or four years. I have two boys, a new house, full time job and a wife of 9 years!

I certainly have had to make sacrifices, but my wife has been pretty understanding and my 7 year old son is my shadow! He loves it! It would be hard without my families support.

The one thing that adds so much to this is that it is such an adventure! I have met so many great people, made new friends and shared some really great moments in my life. I used to scoff when I heard these guys saying it isn't about the treasure but the adventure and friends you made along the way! Sure, we certainly want to find treasure! But I can tell you this, if we don't find a damn thing this year, it will still have been one of the best years of my life!

malady

May 28, 2007
Florida
I was just there south of Sebastian inlet last weekend with my MD and my 11 year old boy. Wish I have thought of checking up on you guys, would have brought you some cold drinks and lunch for your hard work. Oh, I didnt find anything but beach junk because im still learning the ropes on how to use my MD.
Looking great and keep posting the progress pics.
Have fun,
Malady

keegah

Mar 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT/Fisher Impulse/eyes + hands
Did i read it right that you got this boat for $6000. I need a boat but don't know where to look and what to get and how much they go for.The last one i had was as 23' thunderbird that i spend 10x more being down than running.i called it my $10000 kingfish boat,cuz thats what i caught and thats what it cost).Any info would be appreciated. thanks,keegah. i live on the treasure coast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread