8th Annual THs cookout challenge!!

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
After looking at the thread, will there be a section for the participants that are not old, decrepit, bald, fat, toothless, and drunk? :thumbsup: :occasion14:
seekerGH, I'm sure there will be people at the cookout that have hair and are skinny in the men's category. The women are all beautiful. Don't take my word for it. Show up and check for yourself. I'll be with the old, decrepit, bald, fat, toothless, drunk, and mean old men.

Attachments

• 12046990_10153629813639452_1708132681622271867_n.jpg
    12046990_10153629813639452_1708132681622271867_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 219

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Speaking of which...I am splashing the dive boat in the morning... We should be at the Cookout by 11 or 1130.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Ropefish, heard you could'nt get out today to check that wreck because of weather.
Call aqflit tonight. The other 3 old men got to their site today and hit 3 non ferrous targets with the pulse star.
I heard they may need your help Monday morning.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to thank everyone whom made it to some of the targeted sites after the cookout Sunday,we greatly appreciate your hard work in the treasure challenge.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey cychuck,did you make it to the cookout.I was really busy with the other and did,t know how to find you.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey old man, we got to the inlet and Bill turned around. I said "c'mon man we can make it." Bill turned around and went under the bridge right to the breakers I said NO WAY, turn around. So we tried. I heard you got to your site but nobody would get in the water.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No guts no glory.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No guts no glory.

Ahem...
John?
bite me.
I know you know better.
I bet a good maritime horror story book could be compiled from just treasure boat captains, much less commercial fishing guys, about gnarly trips through the Sebastian Inlet, especially with today's conditions -an ESE wind at 16-22 kts and an outgoing tide. Standing waves, anyone?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
BUT! We did get this cool picture taken of the boat & boatload by my friend Bruce Bohlin on the Scorpio:
IMG_1596.jpg

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
BUT! We did get this cool picture taken of the boat & boatload by my friend Bruce Bohlin on the Scorpio:
View attachment 1307278

Nice - we also ran into them while we were eating lunch @ Squid Lips. Still looks buoyant with a ton of gear, big a$$ blower and 6 sides of beef on board ;)

Here's a pic from inside -

inside Caribe.jpg

Last edited:

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ahem...
John?
bite me.
I know you know better.
I bet a good maritime horror story book could be compiled from just treasure boat captains, much less commercial fishing guys, about gnarly trips through the Sebastian Inlet, especially with today's conditions -an ESE wind at 16-22 kts and an outgoing tide. Standing waves, anyone?

"Better to be onshore wishing you were at sea, than at sea wishing you were onshore"

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it

"Better to be onshore wishing you were at sea, than at sea wishing you were onshore"

The Fisheye Nautique with Zodiac pontoons would have gone for it. Even without the pontoons.

Or this IMG_1195.JPG IMG_1196.JPG IMG_1197.JPG

The depth charge launcher on the back helps if there is any coquina or condominiums in your way.

Last edited:

cychuck

Jan 14, 2012
Bunker Hill, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, AT Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joska, I did make it to the cookout and kept looking at the name tags, but never saw you. I was even privileged enough to actually hold one of the Royals in my hand. Awesome!!! Maybe sometime we could hookup at the beach for some hunting? I live in Daytona and would just have to arrange my work schedule.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there anyone out there perhaps that they can obtain permits to salvage in the Indian River.there are at least 19 gold wreck targets to work on.PM me if you have what it will take to get the gold out.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cychuck if your still hunting around Daytona perhaps I can hook you up with some treasure chest or more around there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions