New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Margarita Gold and X-Ray machines

Hi y'all
In my earlier life as a greyhound trainer (in Kansas) , I spent a lot of time with my veterinarians. They bought most all of their equipment...X-Ray machines and ultrasound units come to mind as useful in this context...pre-owned from medical equipment salesmen that take them in as trade-ins. They paid a tiny fraction of original value for this stuff.
I don't have any contacts in the medical equipment industry, but I suspect someone on this board does.
:)
Hope this helps someone.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FACINATING STORY.can any give me a link to the museums so i can see Mel's treasures. I understand there was 20 bronze cannons , did Mel find them all, oh so many questions. How far from shore did the ships sink? is there pictures of the part of the ship that was taken, how big was it ect?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diverlynn,

i have a xray system for sale right now for $5000.00

Toshiba/ Morita panoramic x-ray, model versaview. Takes full view x-ray shots of artifact/mouth in one sweeping pass, so that a complete exposure of all artifact/teeth may be made in one pass.
* unit new in May of 1990
* 0-10 M.A.
* 0-100 KVa
* with remote operator's control panel and trigger switch
* unit stands about 8 feet high
* 120 volt,may be run off of 50/60 Hz.

weight is approximately 550 lbs

if this unit doesnt suit your needs,i do get smaller xray systems in just about every month.

Attachments

• panorex.jpg
    panorex.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 691
  • pan-dent-morit-anim.gif
    pan-dent-morit-anim.gif
    225.6 KB · Views: 693

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nc_Bob,

Why do i have a xray machine?well im like the neighborhood mad scientist.i experiment on all the local cats an dogs an other animals,sometimes people if i can catch them in my traps.i hope you know im just kidding.
in my spare time im a used/new medical sales collector salesman(self employed)what i dont keep for myself i either scrap it or sell it.usally if it works i sell it.i have enough stuff here to setup a dental lab or maybe even a frankstein lab:)i now have many auto xray film processors now.just sold a brand new unit on ebay a few weeks ago for 1k.i would have kept it but if it ever broke it would have had to been sent back to the factory for a expensive repair bill.the units i have now can be fixed by myself or anyone.pretty easy to work on.for xraying the encrusted stuff,it varies,you just have to shoot them a few times to see the results.i get all my film an chemicals for free so if it takes 5 or more shots to get a good image its no big deal for me.i need to get one of the xray badges the xray techs wear on thier shirts.im starting to glow in the dark.an im going bald,but maybe thats just old age.

Attachments

• labfrank5.jpg
    labfrank5.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 686

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
fisheye,
what do you do with the used film. I used to refine it to get the silver.
Peg Leg

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Heavens...I guess I should just say...
talk to FishEye of FishEye's Used X-Ray Machines!!!
Keep your money amongst the members of T-Net...you may have a chance to sell them something someday and get your money back<G>

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to the folks at Blue Water Ventures, Outstanding find! It must be summer in Florida.

Tom

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The line feed for the opening of the jewelry box is overloaded and I have been trying to get on for 25 minutes, can someone post what was inside the box. Thanks Norman

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We opened the lead box this afternoon and initial estimates are that there are several thousand pearls inside. Some up to 3/4 in diameter. There are both black and white pearls and while their sizes and values will vary Jim Sinclair tentatively estimates they will average $1,000 each. That's several MILLION dollars in pearls!The historical value of the pearls drasitically increases their value. Nobody has seen these pearls in nearly 400 years!

TODAY'S THE DAY!

http://www.melfisher.com/livefeed.asp

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't believe what is inside that box they just opened........
it is the site to behold......

Inside the box........it contained
(sorry the demand to this line feed is to great, please try again later...............)

Just some Pirate humor,

Trez

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess greg an his crew can just about retire just off that one box of pearls.

pegleg,

I keep all my used xray film an developer,save it all up till i get about 200lbs of the film an a 55 gallon drum of the developer,i have a buyer close to me that buys it.

I just found out today that this 150lb drum of a rare metal that i have had for 10 years is worth $150.00 a pound.its barium titanate.now i just need to find a buyer.id sell it for $125 a lb to make it go away faster.barium titanate is what they make sonar tranducers out of.also piezos and thin wafers for the puter cpu industry.

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The news is reporting that the treasure recovered this week, not counting the pearls that they opened today is worth 1 million dollars. Way to go guys. :D

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old box clasp and I dont know how old it might be. The gold is very thin, but it look's niceand the corn is quite distinct.
I'll try post a picture somone may recognise it.
cheers

Attachments

• boxclaspflower1.jpg
    boxclaspflower1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 577
  • boxclaspcorn.jpg
    boxclaspcorn.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 557
  • boxclaspback1.jpg
    boxclaspback1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 557

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed one picture , sorry chaps.

Attachments

• boxclasp1.jpg
    boxclasp1.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 550

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep -pearls--easily $1 mil worth they say nice strike gold and pearls ---a gals favorites----Ivan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sweet its what we love to see ---the booty---arrgh

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
FISHEYE said:
I guess greg an his crew can just about retire just off that one box of pearls.
The problem is that Greg and his crew will not see one dime until the pearls are sold. That could take years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread