HURRICANES:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no data about it on the net that i have seen anywhere.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the sahara desert was a forest 5000 years ago,then there would have been no hurricanes.all thats needed to be done is irrigate the african desert to make it green,cool it off and there will never be anymore hurricanes.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Man is more interested in OTHER things than what causes these storms.
The same thing can be done with Death Valley but here it would be much easier to do.
All it would take here it to open up a few mountains and let the Clouds FROM THE PACIFIC get through then you would have RAIN and hardley any polution in L.A.
This would take less than 2 years before the Dth Valley WOULD turn Green.
Peg Leg

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don't you just hate it when God leaves it to man to fix His mistakes?

:D

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
As I understand it they are core drilling coral and looking at what took place and when. Like core drilling a tree or a piece of sandstone or rock or whatever.
Of course I have no idea how this is done or how they reach any conclusions but it is intereting to see what is actually being done and how.
Peg Leg

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Peg, that sounds like very interesting information. Please post something if you find out more.
With that said: I agree with Caribbean Diver...the H word should not be spoken anywhere south of Minnesota on days with names that end in "Y". Perhaps we could call them SOUS's -- Storms Of Unusual Size.
If we could just re-route them to the Middle East maybe those folks would be too busy mowing grass and fixing roofs to be fighting.

Just random thoughts from a random mind... ::)

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are they getting data for coral from 5000 years ago?
The life span of brain coral is 200 years.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I read the article on this as well but I'm having trouble finding it again.

Apparently there is a coastal lake in Puerto Rico that has a very unique layer of clay on the bottom that is only disturbed when a storm surge enters the lake. From what I gathered, this disturbance is extremely pronounced in sedimentary layers.

I guess there will be more to come on this in the future.

Pcolaboy

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Yes that was the study I was talking about but there was a little more involving Hurricanes in the report that I read.
I cannot find the articles.
Thanks for the website subgeo
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread