Pre Cookout Treasure Challenge

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Two of the sayings that I have lived by are. No balls, no Blue Chips and Nothing Ventured nothing gained.
After consulting with someone with some new technology, here is my Pre Cookout Challenge.

The person with this technology has sent me a satellite photo of GPS numbers of a wreck with gold and silver on it that is Near where the cookout is going to be held. He has offered this location with the hopes that some treasure hunters would check out the site before the cookout to prove that this technology WORKS.
I personally Believe that there is a good chance that this technology does work. Here is Why I think it works.
We all have experienced people saying their technology works and it has to be proven to us BEFORE we believe in it, so most of Dismiss this Technology as magic wands that don't work and is a pipe dream.
I put this guy and his technology to a test. Without giving him an exact location. I ask him to find a treasure wreck outside the 3 mile limit just north of the Florida/Georgia Border. ( I know a wreck site there that a commercial fisherman snagged with his nets and brought up something.)
Much to my Surprise, this guy sent me a satellite photo with GPS numbers about 100 feet from the GPS numbers that I got from the Commercial Fisherman. This peaked my interest in his technology. Next I asked him for a Treasure Wreck Location that a friend of mine was looking for.
Let's just say this Location was near the Florida Panhandle and was outside the 3 mile limit.
My friends side scanned this area and there was nothing showing above the sand bottom. Next they magged the area and came up with some big hits for cannons and anchors. I then told them to go out and buy a Pulse Star II and how to tow the 1 meter search coil over the bottom with the 100 foot extension tow cable. They ran the search coil over the GPS numbers that this person stated had gold and silver on it. They told me that they did this and got several large Hits for Non Ferrous Metal buried deep in the sand.
I know that several Large Mineral Companies use Satellite Technology to Find Gold Deposits for their Companies. So I am of the opinion that this technology should be given a try.

The person with the Satellite Technology is willing to let some of you guys put his location to a test. If it works for you. He is willing to Work with any treasure hunter or group for a 10% finders fee of what you recover. So if anyone or Group wants to try out his GPS numbers right Before the Cookout. Here's your chance. THe GPS numbers I have are not in anyone's permitted area and let's just say they are in fairly shallow water beyond the 3 mile limit, so that the State of Florida doesn't bother you.
Bill Black, her's a chance to see if it works and anyone else interested.

Attachments

• atocha.jpg
    atocha.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 161

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am deeply skeptical, but interested in seeing if it works.
Heck...someone has to be first.
Give me a weather window and a GPS number. I am pretty sure we can find some fuel money. :)
We're in.

Sommy

Aug 4, 2007
overseas
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can donate some fuel money...and food...for the experience and lots of pictures. Too bad I don't have more time set aside before and after the cookout.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ed, we've been buds a long time. So here's the truth. Some wealthy friends and I have researched and talked to the big boys in the mining companies. Satellite technology for treasure hunting doesn't work. It simply helps mining companies "guess" better at where potential ore deposits are over a very large area. Specifically "seeing" a gold stash in a cave or under the ocean simply cannot be done, no matter what anyone says. I wanted it to work, but my scientific self had to admit defeat. The little bit of truth that satellite technology is used leads to the lie that it can do more than it actually can.

Pulse Star, on the other hand works very well in determining non-ferrous targets. It sounds like it's still worth a look-see.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Ed, we've been buds a long time. So here's the truth. Some wealthy friends and I have researched and talked to the big boys in the mining companies. Satellite technology for treasure hunting doesn't work. It simply helps mining companies "guess" better at where potential ore deposits are over a very large area. Specifically "seeing" a gold stash in a cave or under the ocean simply cannot be done, no matter what anyone says. I wanted it to work, but my scientific self had to admit defeat. The little bit of truth that satellite technology is used leads to the lie that it can do more than it actually can.

Pulse Star, on the other hand works very well in determining non-ferrous targets. It sounds like it's still worth a look-see.
Darren, You've known me a long time. I am one of the Biggest skeptics in the world as far as long range detectors and satellite photographs. The problem is the wreck that I talked about earlier in Georgia just north of the Florida border isn't on any maps and for them to come up with almost the exact GPS numbers peaked my interest. Then when my unnamed friends got the other GPS numbers for the wreck that I will say is near the Panhandle. This site was also not on any known maps. When they side scanned it and there was nothing, they didn't have very much faith that there was a wreck there. Then they magged it and found some Big anomalies under the sand, they thought they had a wreck with anchors and cannons. Then when they used the Pulse Star II, they got some Big non ferrous hits. Now those non ferrous hits may be an old wreck with copper ore or filled with beer cans ( only kidding about the beer.)
One other thing happened. About 3 years ago a Jamaican I was working with in Key West showed me a picture of a Bronze cannon that was taken in shallow water in Jamaica. I tried to him to hook me up with his cousin in Jamaica that took the picture. That Never happened. but I did find out the general area at the mouth of a certain River in Jamaica where the cannon picture was taken.
I asked the guys with the satellite technology to find me a wreck with Bronze cannons off the south coast of Jamaica. I was sent a satellite photo of a wreck with Bronze Cannons and other goodies near the mouth of the River where I was told the picture I saw was taken. Coincidence? Maybe?
But like you say, the Pulse Star II doesn't lie. Nothing Ventured, nothing gained.

If we can get ropefish to put together a survey Before the cookout, we will find out if Treasure can be found with this technology. If it can, Great. If not it's another Adventure and we can put it to rest.

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The ladies will be ready. Her --->
Stamas 3 09 16.jpg
and her --->
Wooldridge1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Ropefish, you're the man. I already have one guy that wants to dive and help you. I won't make it to the cookout motel until the day before the cookout.
PM me your email address and I'll send you the satellite photos with the GPS numbers. I'll also contribute $50 towards fuel when I get to the cookout.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can dive Sunday morning and add my $50 for fuel, let me know if I need to bring mask and fins....

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,Would love to help.All determined on Barbara's heath...

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill,Would love to help.All determined on Barbara's heath...

I'm still hoping and praying for her, as I know hundreds are. A good woman is a greater treasure than anything one might find on the bottom of the sea, and just as hard to find.
Tell her good morning for me. We'll get out there if you can get down here!

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Thetigers2, This is the first I've heard about your wife Barbara. I'm sorry to hear this and I wish her well. She will be in my prayers.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
ropefish, I just read your email. That info sounds impressive. I also contacted Joe the guy with the technology this morning. I'm trying to see if they have another site at least 3 miles or more off shore, so that sads669 and some others can do some diving. Keep up the good work on that Research.
The Grumpy Old Man.

Attachments

• 12046990_10153629813639452_1708132681622271867_n.jpg
    12046990_10153629813639452_1708132681622271867_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 258

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, I wish I was retired already :laughing7: I'd love to come join the hunt. My scuba gear is getting sad because I haven't dived since winter started.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too Jason! All geared up and work keeps getting in the way!

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Me too Jason! All geared up and work keeps getting in the way!

Still using your Tesoro...

Ag ....singles for heaven sake, old man will have me down all day otherwise

( BCD large or XL)

Last edited:

Sommy

Aug 4, 2007
overseas
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
For the few that I have met in person and they know what I do overseas...I am definitely IN...I know how good technology can be and how accurate it can be too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread