Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have second hand knowledge about the ship. The unending lawsuits and final resting place of Tommy.. currently in prison. NEVER ever talk about treasure in public. NEVER reveal the location(s) without written letter of immunity. And bounty you claim. Then make a deal, step away and with the scum-sucking-bottom-feeder-lawyers tear each other to shreds. At their hourly rates. for YEARS. You can never win. Take what you can and sneak away. Here is TOMMY THOMPSONS STORY...

Treasure hunter Tommy Thompson who discovered the 'Ship of 'Gold' in 1988 and made millions remains on the lam two years after he vanished amid a slew of lawsuits from insurers, investors and his own crew seeking a share of the wealth | Daily Mail On 1410638992344_wps_9_FILE_This_1989_file_photo.jpg

Last edited:

bay pirate

Aug 26, 2012
Mobile Bay
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
"1988 Ship Of Gold" Tommy Thompsons Hundred million wreck find = JAIL

Everyone loves a good mystery but I for one is bound by a code. Tommy, love him or hate him, had his reasons and I'm not interested in plundering the work of someone else without his blessing. No one knows the entire story. Could be the right man is in prison or it could be he trusted too much and others had better lawyers and better lies. No one will ever know and I believe in karma and I do not believe she is done

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Everyone loves a good mystery but I for one is bound by a code. Tommy, love him or hate him, had his reasons and I'm not interested in plundering the work of someone else without his blessing. No one knows the entire story. Could be the right man is in prison or it could be he trusted too much and others had better lawyers and better lies. No one will ever know and I believe in karma and I do not believe she is done

Bay, you hit the nail on the head....your dog find any more silver for you?

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Tommy Thompson is no victim. He was hired to do a job. He took investor money to do it. And then he never gave any money back to the investors. He pocketed millions and disappeared.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"1988 Ship Of Gold" Tommy Thompsons Hundred million wreck find = JAIL

No. We have not been out. I was gonna post but didn't think anyone would believe do I didn't.

I believe you, surely that's a start.....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459615397.525673.jpg

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I read the book on the Central America from cover to cover over and over. I thought he was an upstanding guy.

A crook is all he was. Living with cash and hiding all these years in hotels. He swindled the investors plain and simple. He got greedy and tried to steal as much as possible. It wasn't like he was stealing from the government. He stole from all the investors that believed in him.

Sad that sudden wealth did that to him.

Last edited:

bay pirate

Aug 26, 2012
Mobile Bay
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Every mystery machine east of the mason Dixon line will be on mobile bay if you can come up with a title

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a shame that such a spectacular operation ended in court!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a shame that such a spectacular operation ended in court!

If it's public, it ALWAYS ends up in court. Someone is always trying to take what isn't theirs. The state sues the finder, insurance sues the finder, Joe Blow sues the finder, investors sue the finder, the finder sues the state, investors, trespassers... If it's a public search and recovery, only the lawyers win.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If it's public, it ALWAYS ends up in court. Someone is always trying to take what isn't theirs. The state sues the finder, insurance sues the finder, Joe Blow sues the finder, investors sue the finder, the finder sues the state, investors, trespassers... If it's a public search and recovery, only the lawyers win.

Actually in this case the investors bought everything. They paid for the rental of the side scan sonar, they bought the search boats, they built the recovery robot Nemo. Tommy had the dream and the desire and they helped him reach his desire. He then took all the gold and ran. Didn't pay a single investor. Sure others sued him after he brought it up. The insurance companies for one. BUT he stole from all the people that made his dream possible. That is the only reason they hired lawyers. To get back what they invested from the crook.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually in this case the investors bought everything. They paid for the rental of the side scan sonar, they bought the search boats, they built the recovery robot Nemo. Tommy had the dream and the desire and they helped him reach his desire. He then took all the gold and ran. Didn't pay a single investor. Sure others sued him after he brought it up. The insurance companies for one. BUT he stole from all the people that made his dream possible. That is the only reason they hired lawyers. To get back what they invested from the crook.

Like I said, investors suing the finder. :occasion14: I didn't say the finder was always the innocent party. (Miscovich emeralds anyone? )

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

No dog in this fight, just an observation. When a person runs from the law and goes into hiding, its a good bet he did something illegal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread