Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know someone that found 8 silver wedges that weighed 4 pounds each on the beach.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry,cant give out that info because theres more there still.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Urca de Lima is also called the "Wedge Wreck" because of the silver wedge bars found there.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisheye... I didn't realize that the person you mentioned found 8 wedges... Thought it was "only" 6 but anyway... How do you know there's more there and If there's more there, why are they still there? And if any assistance is needed in picking the rest up, I have the expertise in picking up treasure that needs picking up![emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

On a serious note, I did have an 8 lb. silver bar from the 1715 Fleet... No visible markings but had an assayer a bite present... Regretfully had to sell it otherwise I would post a pic of it...

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Phips i dont need any help finding and lifting 4 pound wedges.

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisheye you should spend more time in the water treasure hunting. and less on the internet talking about treasure that other people find. No offence but a lot of what you say is inaccurate please don't take this the wrong way but if you know where treasure is and have a permit. You go find it. Right or wrong?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My understanding is that between the Atocha 1622 and 1715 time frame they moved from bars to more coinage.

Could be from too many deaths and not enough strong men left to lift those heavy ass bars!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1percenter,1 of the 2 guys that found the 8 wedges is sitting in the room with me now.Where treasure is found there's always more.I did the research and told those 2 where to look and find stuff.

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that case I'm sure they found a ton!!!! And I'm sure so have you too. so I'm sorry for misspeaking. Your the man

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
gold wedges were often bootleg "smuggled gold" hidden in the bottoms of barrels that contained other items on top of it for "cover"=== it was said that upon the recovery efforts of the 1715 fleet the king of spain got royally piss off when he wound up "recovering" more gold from the ship wrecks than was on the "original" manifest in total -- basically he "gained" gold --because of the huge amount of smuggled gold that was recovered -- it tipped him off to the massive amount of gold smuggling that had to be happening for this to occur...

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Seems like the royal fifth got the royal gold shaft too.

Actually, no. Since they recovered more treasure than was listed on the manifest, the king got more than one fifth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread