May 24-Sir Robert Marx Lecture

Magnum (using a) PI

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting!

But more interesting is when and even how he became a "SIR"? As only British citizens can get that title - he is American yes??

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Interesting!

But more interesting is when and even how he became a "SIR"? As only British citizens can get that title - he is American yes??

There are titles in places other than the UK, though some would have one believe otherwise:

From Marx's website @ http://www.ssssllc.net/wordpress/va.../uploads/2013/11/Robert-Marx-short-resume.pdf

"HISTORICAL VOYAGE DUPLICATION - In l962 I was the co-organizer and navigator on the authenticvoyage of the Niña II, a replica of one of Columbus’ caravels, sailing between Palos, Spain and San Salvadorin the Bahamas. As a result of this voyage I was made a Knight Commander in the Order of Isabel theCatholic by the Spanish Government. In l964 and again in l964 I was the organizer and captain of twovoyages in authentic l0th century Viking ships: the first sailing between Yugoslavia and Tunisia (where wewere shipwrecked) and the second between Ireland and Gibraltar."

Magnum (using a) PI

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are titles in places other than the UK, though some would have one believe otherwise:

"

Yes they do!!:laughing7:

Knight Commander in the Order of Isabel the Catholic - Awarded to Saddam Hussain too I see! ???

No disputing Mr Marx's achievements and contributions though!:thumbsup::notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread