Legality questions for Florida coast - how do people do it?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6... Agflit...
I have always found this forum slightly "odd"...
but now I am seriously beginning to wonder about the feelings / opinions of me here...
Which is a shame for my main interest in Tnet stems from this forum.

I have known about the first spot since I was very young and have never even touched it.

And now you ask me to just give #'s over the net to a person I know absolutely nothing about... let alone ever met.
In going on two years of Tnet membership I think this is the first time the guy has even responded to me... with a simple sly response no less...
And who also has denied a simple friendship request from me here.

And now you post / suggest I drop #'s to a complete stranger who... as far as I know has no more clout than the next guy.

What gives ?
I am not sure if I should be insulted or just laugh because this statement is either "trying me" or a joke.

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
AARC we have invited you to the Treasure Hunters Cookout two years in a row and you didn't attend. This is a chance to meet and get to know all the local treasure hunters. You live just down the road from me and I invited you to meet me for a couple beers. The relationship between Aquanut, Agflit, SADS669 and the rest of us are based on trust. SADDS669 came over here from the Bahamas to meet us and now he is a good friend. Agflit drove down here from Wisconsin and now he is one of our partners. If you want your shipwreck sites to just die with you so be it. I just offered to help you find out what these wrecks are without any risk to you.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Salvor6... Agflit...
but now I am seriously beginning to wonder about the feelings / opinions of me here...

I have known about the first spot since I was very young and have never even touched it.

And now you ask me to just give #'s over the net to a person I know absolutely nothing about... let alone ever met.
In going on two years of Tnet membership I think this is the first time the guy has even responded to me... with a simple sly response no less...

And now you post / suggest I drop #'s to a complete stranger who... as far as I know has no more clout than the next guy.

What gives ?
I am not sure if I should be insulted or just laugh because this statement is either "trying me" or a joke.

AARC, I choose my friends carefully and I don't get into "Pissin'" contests. Just trying to help. It's your info...do what you like.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can personally vouch for both Salvor6 and Aquanut, I have known aquanut (John) for at least 8 years, he use to live no more than 2 miles from me.... I have met Salvor6 at the picnics for the last 6 years, although I was unable to attend the last picnic....They are both very trust worthy pirates...........

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Welcome to the world of treasure hunters.

Never care about what anyone thinks of you. Move forward with your head held high. The only confidence you need is from God and yourself.

is a shame for my main interest in Tnet stems from this forum.

I echo Pete and John's sentiments. Since you obviously like this forum, get involved. Get to know people beyond posting on this forum. I have worked with Pete many times. I have spoken to John a bit, too. They are straight up guys. If you're worried about your spot, fine. No worries. Just hang out with them since they're right down the road. Try scouting a lesser spot or going with them to do other things. That's how friendship works. It builds over time by spending time together. No one is trying to insult you. You're obviously a witty person, and no doubt fun to be around. So put yourself out there. These guys are just trying to help. Your hesitations are welcome, but start doing something. You'll regret that you didn't do it sooner. I hope to hear great things from you down the road. Peace.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My point is very simply....you have a wealth of information, equipment, knowledge and know how available at your very fingertips. While I can absolutely understand the sense of caution, I can also suggest that you spend some time rubbing elbows, drinking rum, and eating runny eggs with some of these guys. You'll find yourself very surprised by the common sense of purpose and willingness to help each other in a common quest, and the Esprit de corp between some of these guys is what it's all about...
None of these guys are out to skrew anybody. All they want to do is explore history, locate and re-discover lost wealth, and not have to be bled dry by a bunch of BS politics in the process....none of them are Gub'mint agents, tee-tollers, or undecided as to what bathroom to use based on a confused sense of gender identification. ( well..with the exception of Sadds maybe, but he's British...we sorta make exceptions for him).
Nobodys got some Machavillian scheme in place to defraud you, lie to you or simply abuse you. These guys are offering you ASSISTANCE. Take it at face value... if your that concerned, I suggest you simply not share ANY type of information or hypotheticals so you don't feel suspicious of people willing to invest in YOUR success in the future...

Just my opinion..I speak only for myself, and for no of the others that may or may not have been mentioned in this thread.

Ag

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can drag a mag outside the leased areas on the east coast providing you get a mag permit from the state first.You can mag on the leased areas only if you are a sub contractor.Or have written permission from the owner of the leases.

Of course you are right. I was sort of conflating "exploration permit" into "exploration lease" since most of us cannot afford to hire a qualified archaeologist in order to meet the exploration permit requirements.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Salvor6... Agflit...

What gives ?
ARRC, We're all odd on this forum. lol If you have reservations about your wrecks, keep them to yourself. No harm in that.
I on the other hand like to meet people that I Trust and share information. Many years ago I found a hot spot with non ferrous readings. I knew the general location, but didn't have gps numbers. I've know aquanut and salvor 6 for many years and trust them.
The day after the cookout I went with whitefeather and aquanut back to the general location with a pulse star II and 1 meter coil.
I don't think it took us more than 5 minutes to locate at least 3 different big non ferrous hits in shallow water. Since the 3 of us are old farts and didn't get in the water and I had to leave for the airport the next day. Agflit agreed to go with them the next day and dive the site. He told me that his metal detector was going crazy and by the tone of the detector, he thought they were non ferrous hits. agflit tried to uncover the objects, but the area was hard packed with shells and sand and he could only get down about a foot or so. They plan to go back without me, I have no problem with that. I trust all of them.

My point is this, some times you just have to meet people, look them in the eye and decide whether you trust them of not. I trust all these guys. I met Bill Black and feel the same way about him. Sads669 is another story. Not a different feeling about his trust worthiness. I met and talk to sads669 not only at the cookout for 2 years, but also in Pennsylvania. Sads669 is a Master Mason and I have the utmost respect for him. Sads669 would do anything to help you and not ask for anything in return. I think he would even give you the shirt off his back, if you needed a shirt.
My point is this, meet some of these people and make a decision for yourself. I personally prefer to help people. Mel Fisher once told me that he would rather have a small percentage of something, rather than 100% of nothing. ( That advice was given, when I askec him why he sub contracted his sites, rather than work them himself. )

Attachments

• images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A quick add:

The people I met at my first cookout experience are some of the most genuine people I have ever come across (and I have been fortunate to travel near and far). My only regret was that there was not enough time to meet all of them and spend time getting to know the ones I did meet. I hope to get to know many of them better in the coming years. :occasion14:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok...ok... sheesh.

Here are the co ords.

Um... Lets see,,, go down to the end of that street...
Then make a left...
ummm...

Hmmmm
lets see where was that damn shipwreck...

Ahhh yes...

PICT0002.jpg

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok... just to be clear here.
It was NOT because i do not want to go to the cookout.
It has been because I could not due to obligations.
I have watched the photos /vids posted on the cookouts and it seem to be a great time full of cool down to earth folks.
I have no problems with any of that.

IF I come there...
Someone better be ready to dive.
heh

Now... with that said. I will do my best to attend the next one.
No matter.
Come January I will donate to / for the cookout.

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Shipwreck Forum: the internet's #1 site to fish for "likes" and have your ego stroked !! :laughing7:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC,theres a pool at the cookout.

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA

The rats are guarding the cheese.... Make no mistake about this. Crooked public employees and professional groups manipulate public perception just like politicians do you want to know why...?

For the same reason a dog licks his balls....

There really is still some mystery in life.... but you will miss most of it following the rules of those who make the laws and drive the cattle... to protect the public trust....:tongue3:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A POOL ! well why didn't you say this to begin with ?

Sheeesh.... That's better than Cable TV. heh

So I should bring ALL my dive gear then.
Industrial hookah and blowers.

***ARC visits the local strip club in search of a good deal on blowers***

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread