Need help salvaging Spanish beached wreck, or how I can go about doing it.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrecks getting buried by construction there are 3 in new smyrna beach.2 were buried by the drive on beach ramps and a 3rd now has a giant condo on top of it.The pics are of the 3rd ave wreck that i found and had help identifying it from the archies at LAMP.Billy Ray(archaeologist) and Kimberly Eslinger(field director for LAMP,Lighthouse Archaeological Maritime Program a nonprofit, which is the research institute at the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum.)It was put on the florida master site list then the state dropped the ball and let the city of new smyrna beach scoop it all up with a bulldozer and take it to the dump along with the rest of the 2004 hurricane debris.This was a historical wreck that William Bartram was on that wrecked in a storm,his last shipwreck before he made his home in new smyrna beach.Its a 1774 wreck. 100_0237.JPG 100_0257.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont let any one dash your dreams. Anything is possible. Its not what you know its who you know. And and if you know people with enough money and power mountains can be moved.keep trying and dont let negative attitudes dissuade you focus on the task and think outside the box. One day I hope to see a documentry about you dream.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It's all a moot point no matter who owns the land, if it is in fact a Spanish shipwreck as Spain will claim ownership and take the treasure. Personally, I would keep quite about it to insure that the treasure stays out of the hands of the Spanish.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread