1733 Fleet Wreck

OhioAdventurer

Apr 5, 2014
Zanesville, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have researched these wrecks several times, but I can never seem to find the answers that I seek- so maybe someone on here could help out? I was curious- was there any treasure aboard the 1733 fleet? Gold, emeralds, silver, etc? If so, has it been partially, or even fully recovered? Does it remain missing? Also, have they found every ship from the fleet? Any help is great :). Thanks!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OhioAdventurer you need to get some basic treasure hunting books. The Treasure Divers Guide by John Potter, Shipwrecks In The Western Hemisphere by Robert Marx would be a start. Those two books would answer all your questions. What research have you done?

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio
Let us know how much research you did? Seville, Library of Congress, Havana, London?
I am not trying to criticize but I question all your questions regarding the Grosvenor(which I replied to), and a couple other ones here on TN.
I personally did 4 years of full time research into just Manila Galleons and not much of that was in Seville where I hired a translator/researcher. Maybe you are doing your research in the wrong archives. Have you researched original documents? Do you have the "Treasure Diver's Guide" by John Potter as a starter?
I personally don't look in the Caribbean because the Spanish had 4 wracking crews in the vicinity. Also if a ship went down in a hurricane the mast was probably still sticking up for the pirates to find and plunder. I doubt that any pirates kept a salvage log!! How many millions do you have to spend?
UW Th'ing is very research, knowledge and money orientated. Think of it as a learning project that will take time.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Agree with above - you really need a copy of this book. It would answer all your questions.

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Anyone interested in the 1733 fleet should read "Diving to a Flash of Gold" Martin Meylach. It's one of my favorite books, I've probably read it 10 times over the years. It even has a map with 100 wrecks and their description including the 1733 wrecks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

OhioAdventurer

Apr 5, 2014
Zanesville, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the advice everyone! I apologize for making a fool of myself in the thread, but I am very new to this and not sure what to look up or how to find these documents.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
At least you know you don't know. You're far better off than many who try to act otherwise. The two books mentioned above are a great start. One bite at a time, my friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread