Newbie hunting the 1715 beaches

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett infinium ls, Whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly green when it comes to hunting and I'm looking for advice from those who have been hunting longer than I have.

I live on the west coast of Florida and will be making a two day trip to Sebastian before heading down to the keys. My primary purpose for staying in Sebastian is to hunt the beaches.

I've done a bit of research on the best beaches to detect such as Bonsteel, Wabasso, Ambersands, treasure shores beach access, etc. I know my research will help and I know my chances of finding something is slim at best (the hunt is the best part anyway), but I was hoping to get advice on other beaches/best place to hunt on those beaches and what to look for when hunting (black sand, cuts, etc.)

Thank you in advance!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The beaches you mention are well known and get pounded. If somebody has found an unknown productive beach, they sure as he11 aren't going to share it with anybody, and certainly not on the internet. Would you?

Get out and explore. Don't be afraid to try new beaches. That is how you find treasure.

OP
OP
I've got the bug

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol I see your point. I will definitely try some of the beaches not mentioned, the ones that haven't been hunted to death.

Hopefully someone will have some advice at least on what to look for i.e. cuts, shell deposits, places to do my own research.

Thanks for the reply Boatlode!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your money for when the next big storm or storms takes 15 to 20 feet of sand of the beaches then go look for treasure.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Send me a Pm bug,

I will put you in touch with a guy that will take you or tell you the best places to find stuff...he has thousands of rings, coins and artifacts. He owes me a favour so I'll put you in touch with him via email.....

Good luck...now you owe me a favour too....ha ha ha.

OP
OP
I've got the bug

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent you a PM SADS! :occasion14:

grey95chevyboy

Jan 5, 2016
Stuart
Detector(s) used
Cz-21 cz-3d cz-5 whites classic 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What jolly told you to Google will help. I live on the treasure coast and frequent vero and ft pierce beaches often,my advice is find a popular entrance and walk miles aways from it...then again I never find artifacts so maybe Iam doing it wrong.

OP
OP
I've got the bug

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys for all of the input. I really appreciate it!

I've been visiting/searching the treasure beaches report for a few weeks. It's definitely a great site.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
When are you gonna be in east Florida? And what date driving south?

OP
OP
I've got the bug

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be in Sebastian July 2nd and I'm heading down to the keys on the 4th.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread