Privateer Wreck from the 1600's

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I know I posted this before, but I'm sure a lot of new people have joined Tnet since then.
I got this map from Mel Fisher many years ago and added directions to it. Mel Never salvaged the wreck and I dove on it a few times and located the cannons and Spanish pottery shards on the beach near the site.
I didn't have a metal detector with me any time I was there. It might be an interesting site for someone.

Mel is the one that said, it was a Privateer from the 1600's.
This is located on the west Coast of the Island of Antigua.

Attachments

• 279778_10150242218529452_3321983_o.jpg
    279778_10150242218529452_3321983_o.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmmm. Very interesting. If I ever get down there with the yachts I work on ill give it a go.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why don,t you have your buddy David check it out since he lives on the west coast of Antigua ?

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would it be worth checking out if others have been made aware of it already... It's probably been picked clean by now...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would it be worth checking out if others have been made aware of it already... It's probably been picked clean by now...

You never know if its been picked clean unless you check it yourself. There could always be some fruit on the higher branches as they say. Many a great treasure has been found after others have been there first. If I was there today id be checkig it out tomorrow. And probably periodically every few months. There are tresure wishers and treasure hunters. If your there go for it phipsfolly if aything it would be a great dive adventure.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldman has been very kind to show us that map.
Thanks

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Phipsfolly, I think it's worth checking out. The only guy that I showed it to was a Brit living down there and I also showed him where 4 or 5 other wrecks were that he didn't know about. I doubt that he worked all of them.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to check into it and it is most certainly awesome of you to share that with others Old Man. I know that you are very knowledgeable and I hope to meet up with you sometime soon to chat in person... Chuck was going to introduce us at one of the cookouts but I could never get freed up to attend. Anyway, I'll pm you...

And Blak Bart you are absolutely right with your comments and I usually don't let it stop me from checking out a site but this would be quite an expensive trip down and I would have to weigh out whether the trip would be worth it for the sole purpose of seeing what's still there.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to check into it and it is most certainly awesome of you to share that with others Old Man. I know that you are very knowledgeable and I hope to meet up with you sometime soon to chat in person... Chuck was going to introduce us at one of the cookouts but I could never get freed up to attend. Anyway, I'll pm you...

And Blak Bart you are absolutely right with your comments and I usually don't let it stop me from checking out a site but this would be quite an expensive trip down and I would have to weigh out whether the trip would be worth it for the sole purpose of seeing what's still there.

Yes it would be expensive. I thought maybe you were alreaby close by. I too could not justify to my wife the expense of a trip like that. Maybe I can convince my boss to take a trip down there next season on his yacht.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread