Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to get a throttle shifter gear box for our flats boat. (I hope I'm calling it the right thing)
Mercury thought they had me one, but say it's not in stock.
I was hoping maybe, some dealer or mechanic around here is maybe sitting on one.
Ours busted (plastic on it broke, can't shift forward or reverse) and I'm trying to get ready for lobster season next week. My gear/throttle cables, going back to the engine are fine, just need the gear shift box.

Any help or info, or if ya'll know anyone..... I sure appreciate any advice.
We're thinking we'll hafta get one off Ebay by wednesday, if I can't come up with something local.
I'll try to get on the phone in the morning, start calling around down here in Broward, too.
Thanks in advance for any help.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Pick up that little device, the one you take pictures with or surf the web on. It also makes phone calls. Should be available in most used boat yards and if not search around the country. Couple of places here might have one, surely one along the coast from Browsville, Texas back to Tampa Bay. Give it a shot. Bet you find one...

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice response to someone asking the TH community for a short fused needed part.

OP even said they were going to call around....

you are getting worse by the day.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot guys, Ropefish I think I found a lead on one of those FB groups.
The throttle control is busted, the Mr said just get a whole new one, this one's kinda shot (he's working outta town right now), so it usually falls on me to do the grunt work. Our mechanic friend took it off 2 weeks ago, but I didn't find out until last night about Mercury being out of them. We thought it'd be a done deal, by now.

Austin, I'm not that technologically advanced. My phone is a phone, camera a camera, and computer a computer. I don't have one of those 3 in 1 devices. :laughing7:
I'm up and getting my phone numbers together to call around, when the rest of the world wakes up or opens.
I guess I should call Jolly Roger first outta Clewiston, they put this one on, yrs back. I'll even go pick the part up, if it's not too far. Can't take boat to them, haven't bought new trailer tires, yet. :laughing7:

We love lobstering, I just wish I could lobster and metal detect, at the same time. :laughing7:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida famous.
People drive for eons to shop it in person.

Over 15 acres of inventory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I say, "2 stroke"? :icon_scratch:
Well, I'm certainly getting an edumacation in these things, and why dealers don't want to let go of them! :BangHead:
Thanks all, and aarc, Don's wants emails vs phone calls, I really don't want to have to tromp 15 acres for my part, in this heat, if you know what I mean, LOL. (Robbies has boats I can rent!).

I did call our local Sailorman, he's on standby, while I wait for mechanic call. I think the cables are 4300 vs 3300.
Worst comes to worst, it's just a plastic part. I'll have the local machinist just make me a new one, metal, if I absolutely have to. They had to make me some plate parts, for a slide out on a camper once...... it can be done.
If ya now a good machinist, anything can be done! :notworthy: for the right price :laughing7:

It'd just be nice to get it all in one swipe, change, change, screw, done!
Thanks again guys, still on the hunt. :laughing7:

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, here's where we're at, at this point......

I may can get by with one of these, a red lock bar, part # 881138

boatthrottlepart.jpg

I called boats dot com, who just happen to be outta my hometown Albany! LOL.
Spoke to Matt, he lived 1 street over from me, (what's the chance of THAT!?, lol) :o
They didn't have it in stock, can order...... will take days..... :BangHead:

So now, I'm hoping to find someone with an 881138, in stock.
If ya'll happen to know someone, business, etc, pm me or post the phone number,
I'm old school...... but still getting 'er done! :notworthy:

I got some feelers in the waters...... Sailorman down here is checking. Also got contact at Dania Marina looking, Harbor Town marina..... Just need that ONE person, got one in their hands.......

PER THE MR, GOTTA HAVE THE WHOLE GEAR THROTTLE KIT. THE SWITCH ALSO DOESN'T WORK! ARGH!
Wished he told me THAT before I started searching. :BangHead: I CAN read minds, just not a blank one! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, Boatloade, I do believe that's it! ty ty ty ty ty
I was so exhausted and brain burnt yesterday, after searching internet, calling, searching, calling.......
I saw the post late last night, could only eek out a "like", for ya, lol.
I over slept this morning, texting info to mechanic.... Looks like I better take the camera lobstering this year, lol. I'm sure ya'll gonna want some pics...... of the boat and new equipment, of course. :tongue3:

I had watched Ropefish get an entire new boat engine..... I figured this would be a snap, for you guys! I was rooting for him the whole time (and even scoured some ads looking for his engine, but I'mma a girl, whatdaweknow about engines or motors? I at least, know the difference). :laughing7: (or is that the difference in vitamins and hormones). :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I do want you guys and gals to know, I believe this forum has some of the smartest ppl on the planet that participates here. When you all put your heads and collective consciousness together, MAN, ya'll is a FORCE! Thank you, for including me, in ya'll's little family! :notworthy:

UPDATE: Talked to Wayne at link, they out of stock. Even though, online says, in stock.
Mercury has backlogged this item to us already to 8/3, and said it could possibly backlog from there, again.
I'm thinkin now, after I ramble in Billys marina garage, where he has "some shifters", yay, and swing by sailorman, I may hafta pull schematics and we get lock bar part and just replace switch? ? ? idk.... :dontknow:

The Mr told me last night, we ain't jumping in, under the bridge(on top of the bull sharks, man I hate them things). He getting to old and big, to float in and out with the tides. We'll get one of them kayaks! LAWL! YEAH, right, he gonna have me paddle my azz off, through boating channel to honey hole..... :BangHead: Them lobsters better JUMP in the boat! I'm gonna be one tired cat! :laughing7:

I'm doing the best I can, LOL. Can me and my Fluffy come play on one of you claim holders' beaches, around the shore line and shallow waters? :tongue3: I'll rent a place for a few weeks, month or so, and I'll give ya all the treasures I find...... :laughing7:

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
C'mon down...the waters are warm and clear and will stay like that for a month or so with any luck!

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon down...the waters are warm and clear and will stay like that for a month or so with any luck!
Awwww Ropefish, that's so kind and I really appreciate that! I may have some time mid aug, sept/oct. I'll hafta figure it all out...... I got little birds I hafta drag around with me...... thanks, and good luck with ya'll's hunts, too!
Last summer, I stayed at H'wood beach for 6 mnths, that was GREAT! Cheap during the summer......

I did finally find the part! YAY!
My race horsing friend called yesterday, gave me her yacht guy (Chris) contact in NC (that used to be here in fl),
he gave me HIS supplier, Doller Marine outta Hollywood here. Dealt with Dana there. Chris said she has found stuffs for him no one could..... and she is truly a gem. She had the part and the mechanic just picked it up.

I'll give a shout out to Doller Marine & Dana # 954-237-0332 or 800-376-1616.
Never hurts to have as many contacts, as it takes....... Thanks guys, so much, too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread