Status
Not open for further replies.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Always exciting news!

I'm looking forward to a positive identification as I'm sure everyone at GME is.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted most of these GE maps here in the Shipwreck board once......would be interesting to see if any came close.

Edit: added a few more additional maps.

Attachments

• CNS_1.jpg
    CNS_1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 247
  • CNS_2.jpg
    CNS_2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 177
  • CNS_3.jpg
    CNS_3.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 191
  • CNS_4.jpg
    CNS_4.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 194
  • CNS_5.jpg
    CNS_5.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 204
  • CNS_6.jpg
    CNS_6.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 213
  • CNS_6N.jpg
    CNS_6N.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 209
  • CNS_7.jpg
    CNS_7.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 220
  • CNS_shoreline1.jpg
    CNS_shoreline1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 192
  • CNS_shoreline2.jpg
    CNS_shoreline2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 186
  • CNS_shoreline5.jpg
    CNS_shoreline5.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 165
  • CNS_shoreline7.jpg
    CNS_shoreline7.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 162
  • HetzelShoalsBuoy.jpg
    HetzelShoalsBuoy.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 162
  • CNS_shoreline1-8.jpg
    CNS_shoreline1-8.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 204
  • CNS_nautical1.jpg
    CNS_nautical1.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 160
  • CNS_nautical1B.jpg
    CNS_nautical1B.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 150
  • CNS_nautical1C.jpg
    CNS_nautical1C.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I posted most of these GE maps here in the Shipwreck board once......would be interesting to see if any came close.

Not even close, "Sorry"Anyone is welcome to come by GME main office in Tampa, and have a visit, we can show you certain things but no information can leave the office, we also have copy of some books that are hard to find, again anyone is welcome to use but they cannot leave office

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GME...

I want to personally thank you for posting this thread, And commend you for sharing information / updates with us.
This IMO... is a privilege that I do not take "with a grain of salt".

Thank you very much.

Please continue sharing your progress here for I am "tuned in" to your endeavors, Good luck and again thank you :)

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't be too careful in this shipwreck business, no doubt there could be unwanted attention, perhaps even from the archaeological community. They didn't want to publish the results of their magging.....neither should the treasure hunter community.

Finding a French wreck site with significant artifacts, is more noteworthy than X amount of gold. Although, a French shipwreck could produce some copper chests full of gold coins.

Waiting to break the news, not only safer but makes a better splash in the news media with additional finds already recovered.....good job there GME! :coffee2:

Last edited:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a long time contributor to this forum, it will, I hope, be plainly obvious that I am rooting for GME in this fight.

However, haven taken a keen interest in the revised Sunken Military Craft Act, I have grave doubts as to where this will lead unless GME can themselves prove conclusively the identity of the vessel/ debris field.

Florida cannot prove the identity of the vessel.

France cannot prove the identity of the vessel.

GME (apparently) cannot prove the identity of the vessel...

Who will then decide the identity or probable identity of the vessel ?

The courts.

Remember Juno/ La Galga ?

I cannot quite fathom the rationale that a captured French monument from the St. John's river area would have been shipped to Havana on a merchant vessel.

What merchant vessels traveled the southern coastal route southward from the St. John's river area to Havana?

It is much more likely that said monument would have been shipped to Havana on a Spanish Crown vessel...therefore the monument would belong to...drumroll... Spain !!!...Ouch and Double Ouch.

These opinions are not meant to disparage GME in any way. For the love of God I hope GME prevails in this dispute.

The simple reality is that we live in a time when the federal government, the state governments, the Department of the Navy and the courts are all arrayed against the private salvor.

I greatly fear that in the future the burden of proof of vessel identity will lie squarely on the salvor. The revised Sunken Military Craft Act is simply another arrow in the quiver of the archaeological communities attempt to shut down private salvage more or less completely.

I hope I am wrong...

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Edit: added a few more additional maps.

How did you derive this information?

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As a long time contributor to this forum, it will, I hope, be plainly obvious that I am rooting for GME in this fight.

However, haven taken a keen interest in the revised Sunken Military Craft Act, I have grave doubts as to where this will lead unless GME can themselves prove conclusively the identity of the vessel/ debris field.

Florida cannot prove the identity of the vessel.

France cannot prove the identity of the vessel.

GME (apparently) cannot prove the identity of the vessel...

Who will then decide the identity or probable identity of the vessel ?

The courts.

Remember Juno/ La Galga ?

I cannot quite fathom the rationale that a captured French monument from the St. John's river area would have been shipped to Havana on a merchant vessel.

What merchant vessels traveled the southern coastal route southward from the St. John's river area to Havana?

It is much more likely that said monument would have been shipped to Havana on a Spanish Crown vessel...therefore the monument would belong to...drumroll... Spain !!!...Ouch and Double Ouch.

These opinions are not meant to disparage GME in any way. For the love of God I hope GME prevails in this dispute.

The simple reality is that we live in a time when the federal government, the state governments, the Department of the Navy and the courts are all arrayed against the private salvor.

I greatly fear that in the future the burden of proof of vessel identity will lie squarely on the salvor. The revised Sunken Military Craft Act is simply another arrow in the quiver of the archaeological communities attempt to shut down private salvage more or less completely.

I hope I am wrong...

Jolly man, good posting, We have researched this over and over from all ave. and we can not say for sure or even get close to what ships scatter fields these are, And yes the people inside these governments have a bad agenda " this has been proven many times"
on the SMCA, at least for now the burden of proof is on France at least in our case, and I will add they have no proof what ship this cater came from.
Heck they sent out 8 archaeologist out off Cape C for 5 days and could not find anything, and they had the exact GPS on each item.
Think about that, eight arches five days, nothing but a untrue report

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jolly man, good posting, We have researched this over and over from all ave. and we can not say for sure or even get close to what ships scatter fields these are, And yes the people inside these governments have a bad agenda " this has been proven many times"
on the SMCA, at least for now the burden of proof is on France at least in our case, and I will add they have no proof what ship this cater came from.
Heck they sent out 8 archaeologist out off Cape C for 5 days and could not find anything, and they had the exact GPS on each item.
Think about that, eight arches five days, nothing but a untrue report

I am rooting for you guys big time. I hope you hand James Goold his ass...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes but Spain gave up any claims to pre 1750 vessels to win the Juno / Galga case *... this wreck would clearly be way before 1750 --so Spain's claim would be worthless because of the earlier case above * and France since the items were lost to Spain as War Booty--- would not have a valid claim either --so its GME's with the state of Florida getting their cut

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
yes but Spain gave up any claims to pre 1750 vessels to win the Juno / Galga case *... this wreck would clearly be way before 1750 --so Spain's claim would be worthless because of the earlier case above * and France since the items were lost to Spain as War Booty--- would not have a valid claim either --so its GME's with the state of Florida getting their cut
Ivan, I know that you are a Great Researcher. The above quote is news to me and I suspect many other treasure hunters. Could you please provide a Link that shows that Spain has No Claim to Any Pre 1750 wrecks ? I think GME would appreciate it and I can tell you that I sure would as well.

Thanks
Old Man

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 8 Arches couldn't find them even with GPS, just amazing! Unfortunately they did manage to return to shore, I guess the current carried them back...

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you derive this information?
It was an old map dowsing experiment....but later began checking the locations on various scales of nautical charts. To my delight and also somewhat surprised, the first couple were actually right on the chart as a shipwreck. I marked on the maps to chart debris trails, of course those sure won't be of much use. The main GE maps, symbols will at least get you next or possibly on the shipwreck location.

I certainly won't be checking things out myself and maybe now I'm probably better at it than the time these maps were done. And the pins used to represent only the wreck sites, were never mentioned in the thread here, the ordinary pins should mostly be drift trails.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are referring to The Sea hunt case...

Which is an isolated case where Spain "abandoned" La Galga and Juno.

Wrecks fall under the 1902 treaty.

So... IOW... this date of 1750 means nothing.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good link...here is another: Sea Hunt, Inc. v. Unidentified Vessels, Kingdom of Spain (4th Cir.)

IMHO, the nuts and bolts of the case are somewhat easier to follow in the actual Fourth Circuit ruling.

Of course now, the vessels would fall under the Sunken Military Craft Act of 2004...

Great input guys,

GME's wreck scatters are not proven nor can they be proven what they are,( and they are for sure not the Trinite) so with that being said the scatter GME has dose not fall under France's control nor the State of Florida as they are not emdeded by the definition of the word.

If GME thought these scatters were French ship related we would back off our claim, but they are not so we move on.
We have our case ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread