What do you think of this?!!

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was visiting McLarty State Treasure Museum today and was made aware of this new card that is being given out in Florida state parks... Not pleased with this to say the least! Maybe it's just me but when I read this, I see it as a "soft approach" brainwashing of the unindoctrinated public with FBAR's latest agenda to gain control of historical resources being recovered not only in the water but now on our beaches. It not only advises the public on what they should do when they "encounter" historical artifacts or treasure on the beach, it also subtlety suggests that anyone who is not following this new set of rules is doing something that is wrong and should be reported to "your local beach patrol or FBAR". Dark days are coming if we don't stand together my friends... Just saying...

(sorry for the small scale photos... Please zoom in to read them)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    722.2 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's ridiculous.
Ok, State Parks....I guess I get it....
But this maybe just the tip of the iceberg....what if this became an initiative throughout the entire state...ugh.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
They started with parks and public building lawns. Next came restrictions in towns and cities. Now it's state parks. With every little step more, they gain more and more "credibility" to enact real and factual changes without having law to back it up. Once the majority of the people are used to the idea, THEN it's easily passed into law.

How many times have people posted about how they've been told they could not detect, only to later find out that it was just someone calling in making wild claims?

3 words folks - "Freedom isn't free."

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read the back of the card, it does state everything from shipwreck timbers, pottery, cannon, to coins and jewelry! It's broad enough (yet specific enough) that it includes everything...

The problem with much of what is going on with this country today is that people are so divided about so many issues and about what is or isn't government overreach in our lives that we never do anything to effect change. We all like to express our opinions, beliefs and discontent about things but rarely do we do anything actually meaningful or effective to stop greed, corruption, and oppression...

Three of my favorite sayings come to mind here...

Your silence will not save you.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

If we don't stand together, we will fall together.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm is that proper grammar on the back of the card ?

"the people that left behind the object" > ?

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help but think that between us all, whether you are actively involved in treasure or relic hunting as a passion or a profession, couldn't we come together and come up with numerous lawful, meaningful and effective ways to "shed light where there are dirty deeds done in darkness" and hold FBAR and Tallahassee accountable for the job we pay them for or elect them for...

Does FBAR operate with integrity and meet the ethical standards that WE the people require of an organization entrusted to preserve our fragile historical resources?

Has FBAR maintained accurate records of every historical artifact or treasure that has been entrusted to them by the people of the state of Florida?

Has FBAR demonstrated a history of working for and with the people of Florida in a manner equitable to preserve our history and be held accountable for the massive collections they are already entrusted to maintain or has FBAR kept a closed door policy in play (despite Florida Sunshine Laws and the expectation of transparency) to conceal their own lack of accountability?

Has FBAR performed in an honest and ethical manner towards the people of this state with regards to the issuance of exploratory and excavation permits and set forth realistic, reasonable and equitable standards to allow for the private sector (the public) to be actively involved and gainfully employed with the research, recovery and conservation of our historical resources or has FBAR consistently demonized the private sector as "grave robbers" and created a hostile environment between the private sector and their own archaeological personnel? Are FBAR's rules and operational standards what is best for the preservation of our historical resources and heritage for the future or is their model for "responsible conservation" based on their own self serving agenda and self agrandizing vision?

Perhaps it is time to let the light shine in and reveal the truth... Seems to be a trend building with regards to exposing government greed and corruption and accountability is "in"... Maybe now is the time for this to be the case with regards to those we hold responsible to safeguard our historical resources... Just saying...

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don't be surprised when they pass regulations about metal detecting on the 1715 beaches because of these cards

"People have been complaining about them removing archaeological artifacts from the beach and we need to put regulations into effect"

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.

Anyone care to define the above definition?

Sorry FBAR... you can kiss my A@@... I stumble across a cob it's MINE. While I have no problem with reasonable laws based on logic and rational, I refuse to be "allocated" my individualism by a set of academic drones with a very specific self serving agenda that is designed to enhance and enrich ONLY that groups interests.

I'm a reasonable person... I AM NOT...a sheeple. Don't mistake my tolerance for weakness. I'll choke you with the same hands I welcomed you with...

Ag

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ag, how do you really feel about it? I can't quite tell by your post.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren..I was trying to be subtle...it's important to be politically correct in these times...I'd not sleep well if I thought my unvarnished opinion were to "offend" anyone!!

*cough cough*

ag :laughing7:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I was visiting McLarty State Treasure Museum today and was made aware of this new card that is being given out in Florida state parks... Not pleased with this to say the least! Maybe it's just me but when I read this, I see it as a "soft approach" brainwashing of the unindoctrinated public with FBAR's latest agenda to gain control of historical resources being recovered not only in the water but now on our beaches. It not only advises the public on what they should do when they "encounter" historical artifacts or treasure on the beach, it also subtlety suggests that anyone who is not following this new set of rules is doing something that is wrong and should be reported to "your local beach patrol or FBAR". Dark days are coming if we don't stand together my friends... Just saying...

(sorry for the small scale photos... Please zoom in to read them)

What a joke. But it's OK for BIG OIL to destroy this? North Dakota tribe's request to stop work on pipeline denied

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Darren..I was trying to be subtle...it's important to be politically correct in these times...I'd not sleep well if I thought my unvarnished opinion were to "offend" anyone!!

*cough cough*

ag :laughing7:

I'm sick and dam tired of "political correctness"! That's what's wrong with the world - everyone is afraid of stepping on someone else's toes.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I said no definition of artifacts, there really is not anything regarding age. By coins, is a clad coin an artifact?
That is what I was alluding to.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your detection lasts for more than 4 hours you need to see another woman! To hell with the doctor.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seekerGH...

I wasn't quite sure what your comment meant with regards to them not giving a definition of artifacts hence my pointing it out that it was briefly listed on the back of the card in case you hadn't seen that yet... I wasn't being critical of your comment...

If one looks at the way the laws are written pertaining to detecting in "state waters or bottomlands" as they put it, it is the broad definition of artifacts that they use that covers it all...

Pretty much ANYTHING that is 50 years or older could effectively be considered an "artifact"... I'm sure the same broad definition applies to beach artifacts as well...

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone go to the beach and when you find trash call the ranger and report that trash artifact.After about 1000 calls they wont bother with it anymore.Beer cans,driftwood,rusted iron,tin foil,etc you know what to report.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions