odd find today

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my metal detecting club had a small mini type fun hunt on "main" beach at fernandina today---today 7 to 9 am ---one of the fellows after the hunt was chatting with me--seems he has been beach hunting for awhile but got nothing and was unhappy about it---so I showed him the proper setting for his rig---he was way off and I told him of the 1810 -1812 era british lumber wreck --that is basically right off shore from the area we were hunting---seems he never found any ship wreck stuff but was dying to---so I told him the general area and off he went---well he found a 3 in long X 1 wide bit of copper sheathing from the hull and a sweet little bit of ships wood that still had a small brass nail in it amazingly --(must have been a fresh wash up from the storm that rolled thru a couple days ago)---he was shaking like a leaf---he ran back to me---said out of breath puffing-- man --you really know --your stuff---me I just laughed--he was so happy to find a few bits and scraps of a rather worthless wreck and it did my heart good to see the "fire" in his eyes---Ivan

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Way to go Ivan! Its always neat to inspire the lure of treasure in someone new to hunting. The find probably made you just as happy as him. Stan Dilcher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions