This area looks open on Treasure Coast - Right or Wrong? (See Inside)

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Tnet. It would be better to keep asking these questions in the thread you already started, rather than confusing the matter by starting another thread. I hope someone will be able to bring clarity to your questions.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure there are leases off of Hutchinson island... You can dive the waters with no problem, just be careful, remember entering the water with a detector in a lease area can end up being very costly if they want to get nasty with you. Besides fines they can legally impound you detector, car and boat if your using one...

[FONT=&quot]HUTCHINSON ISLAND – a huge area where the 1715 Spanish Terra Firme Galleon Fleet Capatana is thought to have blown ashore, broken up, and scattered during a fierce hurricane. Millions of dollars worth of treasure finds have been made, with sites offshore still being actively worked under treasure leases by Treasure Salvors Inc. Most finds come at the second reef line offshore, but beach diving is a popular and lucrative way to look for treasure by the salvors, although visibility can be spotty, and sharks are a problem at the extreme northern area, near the Fort Pierce Inlet.

SOUTHEAST FLORIDA SITES:[/FONT]

OP
OP
C

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Darren -
I do apologize. My reasoning was better a new thread than to start fragmenting an older one.
But I'm happy to abide by what's considered "best practice" by the group.

@Treasure_Hunter -

Thank you for the link. It reminded me what I really meant to ask was south of Herman's Beach
on Hutchinson's Island South. For example, Dollman Park Beachside & south.

Andrew

Last edited:

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Queen's Jewels salvage lease down to Islandia.

I'm not sure if the exploration lease to the south is still active.

But remember exploration for and recovery of historical artifacts without proper permits is illegal.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
@ Darren -
I do apologize. My reasoning was better a new thread than to start fragmenting an older one.
But I'm happy to abide by what's considered "best practice" by the group.

No apology needed, Andrew. I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I just thought your two questions overlapped, and now you have to go to both threads to see responses. I am not a moderator, so forgive me if my OCD comes out at times. I am glad you are getting good feedback. I hope it helps.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Queens Jewels no longer own the leases.Was sold to 2 guys Mel king and George Friedel for 3 million.Brent Brisben will manage the sites for who knows how long.Mel King owns Big Blue Wreck Salvage.I heard about this on the sea grape vine.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Queens Jewels no longer own the leases.Was sold to 2 guys Mel king and George Friedel for 3 million.Brent Brisben will manage the sites for who knows how long.Mel King owns Big Blue Wreck Salvage.I heard about this on the sea grape vine.

Neither confirming nor denying that ....
For as much as I know Queens Jewels is still the "entity" that owns the leases.

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

That's big news, will it change anything for the sub contractors

OP
OP
C

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I read these replies I realize I need to ask another question or two.
So excuse a Newbie and let me ask this Bottom Line:

If there is an area within "Treasure Coast" that is NOT under active lease, can
I access the shallows or not? And if the answer is, "NO" than where exactly do
open accessible waters begin on either end?

The referenced .pdf above seems to show that there are many areas not leased
so what were calling "Treasure Coast" doesn't look like one continuous strip of
land but if it is I wanna know how close I can get regardless of water conditions
or likelihood of finds.

Thanks for your patience and hope you can help,

Andrew

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Answer is no, if you want to go in the water go 3 miles north of Sebastian Inlet or south of Ft Pierce.......

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Lease.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread