Information on RMS Republic ...

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
imagixx:

I read that. Probably because they thought there is gold in the hulk.

Back in the day I studied the Central America case fairly carefully. I saw the gold bar exhibit here in SF (wow!). There's a treasure hunter (not a finder) here on TN who uses a photo of that haul to push his theories about the lost Confederate Treasury.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

imagixx

Sep 8, 2004
Miami Beach
Detector(s) used
Research
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
imagixx:

I read that. Probably because they thought there is gold in the hulk.

Back in the day I studied the Central America case fairly carefully. I saw the gold bar exhibit here in SF (wow!). There's a treasure hunter (not a finder) here on TN who uses a photo of that haul to push his theories about the lost Confederate Treasury.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

No, they know there is gold in the hulk based, at least, on my proof. They have more than that, though.

imagixx

Sep 8, 2004
Miami Beach
Detector(s) used
Research
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Research Methods

Hey Martin....hope things are going well

Interesting story I just saw wanted your comment on

£4.5bn of British gold sunk by the Nazis | Daily Mail Online

Wondering if there are similar methods to what is mentioned here that you relied upon researching the RMS Republic?

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

I pioneered the use of import-export records to establish shortages between Europe and the US. Similar methodologies are no doubt available for commerce by and between other countries - since the statistical data collected by the various Governments in the pre and early-WWI environment were very similar. The discussion in this great article (thank you!) seems to indicate that they used similar methods - including our review of internal State bank records.

Regards,

Capt. Martin Bayerle
The Tsar's Treasure

ArkhamB

Greenie
Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply Martin, you are very welcome

I am looking forward to seeing the RMS recovery televised, and if not televised will be satisfied to hear that you finally uncovered the gold!!

Brian

imagixx

Sep 8, 2004
Miami Beach
Detector(s) used
Research
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The fabled gold of the RMS Republic has taunted treasure hunters for more than a century. The day after her sinking, newspapers published multiple unconfirmed reports that "a large sum of money" had gone down with the ship, riches that were later described to be "beyond most men's wildest dreams." Only relatively recently, however, has subsea technology - utilizing a Diving Support Vessel with a saturation diving system - enabled a real and unique opportunity to recover her riches. The hunt for Republic's treasure has become one of the most publicized and followed sunken treasure stories in the world. Join us as we bring this century-old mystery of the "Millionaires' Ship" to an exciting and, we believe, very prosperous conclusion!

The adventure begins again, summer 2022!

See our Events and News page at our website for current information.

https://lordsoffortune.com/catalog/i...in_page=page_4

Capt. Martin Bayerle

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fabled gold of the RMS Republic

"Fabled Gold" proved quite prescient.... Did i miss the billion in gold the first time around on this show?

Why are you spamming this on every old thread on the subject? You haven't posted once in the 4 years since you last promoted the 1st round of this show so I believe one thread ought to suffice.

Last edited:

imagixx

Sep 8, 2004
Miami Beach
Detector(s) used
Research
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Our updated research section - which answers and addresses all the issues raised here - can be found at:

The $3 million was only a part of a $25 million Russian State Bank shipment, 45 tons of gold double eagle coins! The melt value alone is $2.4 Billion. Typically coin values will be 3-6 times melt. So we're at $5 billion easy. An Abstract is attached.

I am in the process of writing a new book for release summer 2023. And research is always ongoing.

Regards

Attachments

• The25MillionShipmentAnalysis.pdf
    527.3 KB · Views: 28

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our updated research section - which answers and addresses all the issues raised here - can be found at:

The $3 million was only a part of a $25 million Russian State Bank shipment, 45 tons of gold double eagle coins! The melt value alone is $2.4 Billion. Typically coin values will be 3-6 times melt. So we're at $5 billion easy. An Abstract is attached.

I am in the process of writing a new book for release summer 2023. And research is always ongoing.

Regards
Thanks for the update Martin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread