ive a question about heartland treasure quests find frim the past,

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked a poster here that really has lots of knowledge but wanted to open up this question to the board
.....heartland treasure quest,in the past off cape Canaveral found silver platters and there was a name of a lady on them,the title dona (pronounced donya...meaning governess or the like was on them) any idea who she was? some say the wife of the captain of the conception...james sinclare doing a application in the past for the permited area said a lady of nobility but never said it was the captains wife nor hinted to it...I wonder where the rumor got started ...the name of the captain was captain was Diego Pablo Soliar

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched Google and found...

Heartland Treasure Quest: This silver platter, discovered on the site number three, bears the name of Doña Juana Isabel de Chabez Espinosa de los Monteros, an uncommon Spanish name specific to a village from the Burgos region in northern Spain, just southwest of the port city of Bilbao. The name is associated with a title awarded by the King of Spain.

OP
OP
B

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so for somebody with no knowledge / degree/ comes out and says we are on the trail of the conception because they have the name of the captains wife in them....that dona lady.....is basically full of it?

OP
OP
B

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you please post the link you found when you googled it? im trying to find it

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so for somebody with no knowledge / degree/ comes out and says we are on the trail of the conception because they have the name of the captains wife in them....that dona lady.....is basically full of it?

Well that's a very broad statement as only you know what you mean of the use "no knowledge/degree"....

There are people within those organizations that have knowledge of historical shipwrecks. They would have to have an archeologist within their employ for the permits.

I am not advocating for, nor against the organizations just adding my 2 cents.
There's plenty of embellishing all around and sadly especially in "treasure hunting"!

Even with all my research I refrain from naming ships of the 1715 fleet. Often times I argue with myself which are which and where.

I more generally like to say, exploring for a missing, lost ship, wreck area. Heck I even stretch it to say an area of little modern exploration and excavation that may be part of a known wreck or possibly a wreck area that we will rediscover. The current "areas" that have my highest priority if they work out to have wreckage still won't mean another ship has been found because of the proximity to known sites and these debris fields are much larger than many have ever imagined. So it could be portions of a known site/ship or not.

With 5 or 6 1715 ships still not "discovered" in modern times one can just pick the name of any of those and say they are on the trail. Its been 301 years since they sank and there's been no definitive proof of which ship is where. So how could one argue that they aren't on "that trail". It could well be another 301 years or never before there's any proof positive.

While I can understand the reasons for some embellishments of naming ships, some innocuous, some not, it's just something I generally stay away from unless working theories. I'll also through in that the press likes the hype!

Keep doing your research I'm sure you'll find the answer(s) you're looking for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

buccaneer1961

Mar 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok very good,its funny that the person has a monetary reason for saying its the conception and the captains wife whos name is on those silver platters found by heartland...however james Sinclair and heartland never said that! just one trying to claim this as being the half billion $$ wreck,and ones on a message board made $$$$ in that false claim and lots of stock traded hands because of this claim

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if the "lady" (dona) Juana Isabel de Chabez was a Spanish noblewoman (wife of a Spanish noble) , its possible that she might have been listed as a passenger upon the ship's manifest along with her goods travelling with her ... a copy of the ships documents noting what was carried and by whom were kept in Havana in case the ship was lost at sea ...by looking at the ships paperwork ..if the platters and the person that owned them were listed upon a certain ship --then the ID of the ship from the platters being found amoung the wreck debris could be assured

I merely state this as a way of explaining the "importance" of finding such a item with a name upon it (the platter) and how it could be used to link the wreck to known vessel --because of the vessel's paper work --of passengers and cargo carried...now with this being said --I , myself have not researched it to find out if in fact she was or was not aboard said vessel ...and who she might or might not have been the wife of..

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ivan that sounds too simple. Why hasn't someone done that?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it is simple but frankly not too many folks think quite the way I do...nor do they put in the required work to sniff out a trail of historical facts , like I do..

Havana , Cuba has just recently opened ...and who knows what the state of its Spanish treasure fleet Archives is ? but it sure would be nice to explore them...and find out .. of course the person would have to know how to read old Castilian Spanish from 300 years ago on old bug eaten scraps of parchment

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread