Under picture are some older real maps

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old maps monomoy treasure 004.JPG

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... is there an "X" on that map... ?

If so... I have already checked that spot...

Went back to the 7-Eleven to get my money back and he did not refund me.... the nerve of that kid. :P

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Frankie I looked under the picture. I didn't see any other maps?

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had put some map pictures under the photo section where you can post anything. They looked yellow in color. You can only post so many words for the title. Darren and I went down to a Wellfleet museum. Their they had some older maps of cape cod on the wall. So I took some pictures of them. I''ll check it out and see if their in this forum. If not. I'll post them again. I'm Giving up diving and selling my new gear. I'm going thru changes in my life right now that really s--k.

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
3 Aqua pulse, 1 Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Listen... it says "treasure map" right on it. I'm thinking he's got something. I haven't even seen the other "map under the picture."

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re posted them under pictures. Theirs 4 maps now. Don't know where the maps went from my other post. I saw where it said post any picture no matter what the picture is. But I posted them again. You'll see two pictures that looks long and narrow. One was before and one is after storms years later. Now its even smaller and not as wide. This land At its high point had 10,000 ships a year passed by this close to shore ships channel. The channel hasn't changed much in over 200 years. You can see the hook at the end of the island where their use to be a tavern. Ships anchored here during storms. All the channels here have shoals around them for miles. The people who lived at the other end of this now island went to the channel end of the island to wreck ships. It is said that the fires never went out from ship timbers that were wrecked at that point of land. So I believe their still stuff their. Lost, forgotten,misplaced from storms or from people just passing away or drunk. This was a hot spot for ships passing and resting. One ship was lost around this island carrying 3 million in gold. Never found. Maybe it was wrecked their. Maybe part of that treasure or even other stuff was hidden here for save keeping here. This was a hot spot for smugglers of all kinds But I'm sure at least really drunk people lost stuff here. You can only go hunting here in the fall. Birds nest on the north end in summers. I've been trying to get their to metal detect that area. This is virgin hunting at it's best. Takes 30 mins at 20 mph. to get their. I've found a lot of great stuff close to their. Even paper thin silver coins that you could tell were very old. Ivory handles off a star scope was found by my friend. The copper coins are just eaten up. So i know theirs stuff here to be found. A few more good storms and this will be gone along with a 20 mile outer beach. Anyone have a boat. Even split of our finds. My hunting partner has health problems. So no boat to get their now. Can't find anyone to hunt with me that has a boat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread