Own up lads, who's nicked them

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" The British government is distressed...." :angry9:

Oh no, things will happen for sure now.

Perhaps the recent earthquakes that moved millions of tons of seabed had something to do with it, either that or the British have never really been known for their navigation skills, so they may still be there.:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats crazy! The fact that the impressions in the sand are still there but the whole ships are gone is baffeling

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can tell you exactly what happened. At that depth, no one salvaging would have gone unnoticed. So someone in the Indonesian gov't cut a deal with a salvager to get these entire ships for scrap value and whatever "other" cargo may have been on them. It was an inside job. Nothing other than a salvage sub could have done this.

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was UFOs, or USOs which is a UFO that moves beneath the sea. 8-)

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was approached by Elvis for the project, he and the construction manager, Bigfoot, were looking to raise them and bring them up to Mars for sale as condos to the Americans getting ready to move there.

Aside from that, these were battleships, it would take a few years to recover one of them...even with grapples. I mean really, recover an entire battleship at depth, and only leave a dent?

In an earthquake, there is liquifaction, and it would sink, AND leave a dent. How many complete wrecks are we talking about? Reality check.

Ossy, even Odyssey doesnt scavenge that fast!

on a side note, this is really cool, a piece of the Yamamoto Battleship...21 inches thick.
2rqf40o.jpg

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the second phase of the Philadelphia experiment to make ships disappear.

OP
OP
VOC

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And they believe that the UNESCO convention on UCH will protect shipwreck from salvors.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dear Mods...can I PLEASE get a "100,000 likes" button for the above?

ag

Be specific, which bit above.......duh! I might add 1 like to your total if you do

Try to keep up.....sigh

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
He means the UNESCO post directly above.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The UNESCO convention on UCH is a total failure. Instead of protecting UCH it is doing just the opposite. I have seen it first hand. In 1992 I talked with Jamaican fishermen that have been looting wrecks. They have picked the ballast piles clean. I asked one fisherman to sell me a coin. He said "No mon, we melt it all down."

They have no consideration for historic importance. Also if a bunch of coins of a certain year show up on the market officials will wonder where they came from. I estimate that since 1992 at least $400 million has been lost to looting. The countries that ratified the treaty deny treasure hunters the chance to rescue history and the academic archaeologists don't have the funds or will to excavate the wrecks. So the looting goes on unabated!

I predict that in another 20 years there will be nothing left but ballast stones and rotten timbers.

Last edited:

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
This is hardly surprising. Illicit salvage has been going on for years out there. Salvage barges have been caught on HMS PRINCE OF WALES and HMS REPULSE.
What I am worried about is with these activities on top of the salvage of the Jutland wrecks and other recent events that we are not faced with even *more* restrictive regulations that may impact diving and exploration of shipwrecks. Regulations that won't affect these larger illegal salvage events, but further screw the recreational diver.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What they need to do is issue permits to legitimate salvage companies. Then, whatever is left can be rescued and cataloged and put on display. Of course this will not happen.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvage on these wrecks has been going on for hundreds of years, from the very beginning of the wreck. Look at the Egyptian artefacts spread all over the world, just an incoherent bunch of relics, few of which have any context.

Then there are the wrecks that were illegally salvaged for scrap metal, and with grapples.

What would a permit help, illegal is illegal, some would call it theft.

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CIA does shipwreck salvage operations only for the gold.They dont mess with the silver or bronze cannons.I know 2 divers that have worked with them.1 wreck off the coast of Oregon and another in the Bahamas.This was several years ago.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very sad story. If the CIA do not want the silver, they give it all to me. Good hunting and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread