Hand/Pole Cannon?

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
0 feed back? first item! i would be scared! but, it is crazy looking!

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
It is different.
I looked at his other items and must say that the scrab does not appear to be LAPUS L. I have quite a bit of Lapus and this is NOT it-not even close. L.L. is BLUE
jUST MY OPINION.
Peg leg

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
How would you fire this thing?
The pipe handle looks like a piece of pipe so why did the builder not use this material instead of wasting time doinbg the other barrels.
Peg Leg

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Sorry, but that doesn't look like any type of firearm to me. Even assuming it's early "17th century", by that time arquebusses and crossbows would be the more efficient (and common) weapons, and much easier to use.
Going by the stated dimensions (9", which would be close to actual size on my screen) the pole used to hold it would be rather thin, and not something you'd want to be holding due to the recoil when the "nine barrels" went off (not to mention that the whole thing would fly apart where the tubes are welded to the decorative part.) Also, there is a distinct lack of touchholes visible.

I wonder if the "Guaranteed authentic" part includes a refund, because I believe that whoever wins that auction is going to be rather disappointed at receiving (what I think it is) part of a cast iron lamp post....

P

paddy.mick

510$, Ridiculous! I've heard of 4 shot pole cannons, but 9? with modern welding on it? and a lack of barrel vents?
A fool and his money...
Paddy

malady

May 28, 2007
Florida
the same person is selling a 17th Century Ming Dy Shipwreck Colour Painted Cup going for $7.50. Either he is really stupid or its not the real thing.
malady

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
The man is pretty smart and knows how this game is played.
His cannon?? started off at a few dollars and ended up be $500 PLUS.
Keep watching the price will go through the roof as time gets shorter.
I have net seen this cup yet but I expect the price to ned up in excess of $800.00 and thats cheap if it is real or appears to be real.
Peg leg

P

paddy.mick

As always, there is a certain amount of Buyer-Beware, but if stuff is fake or missrepresented-ebay considers it fraud. I'd use paypal to make sure you can get your money back with this type of stuff.
Notice how the buyer says "please don't use paypal..."-that should be a red flag.
Paddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread