Treasure Quest- Search for Jesuit Gold

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anybody watch the new episode of TQ? Not as bad as Snake Island or Oak Island but. The woman goes for a dive and then is told to get out of the water in a hurry because of the alligator. Then she is out of the water and her hair is all dry and was never wet? Also some Snake Island footage was added in to crate more drama. Ex German building was kind of interesting in who could have occupied it. Also water viz from the surface looked like about 6 inches to maybe 1 foot at the best. Then underwater footage was about 3 feet. Footage was taken somewhere else. Maybe they need a technical correctness employee!
Just sayin.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Also water viz from the surface looked like about 6 inches to maybe 1 foot at the best. Then underwater footage was about 3 feet. Footage was taken somewhere else. Maybe they need a technical correctness employee!
Just sayin.

I saw the same thing on the episode I watched. Diving in the river, surface water looks like pure mud with zero vis, but on the bottom is 3 - 5 foot vis an ZERO water current. It was obvious they were diving in a lake for the underwater shots.

Yeah, the whole show is a joke. I stopped watching last year, not any better this year!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's about Treasure hunting so I watch it.
enjoyed seeing them find the German coins.
Thought to myself has the Hunting Hitler crew been there yet :laughing7:

The diving scenes are definitely suspect.
seems to be for pure drama

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The diving scenes are definitely suspect.
seems to be for pure drama

When Carl Fissmer shot his television series "Treasure Divers" out of the keys, they too wanted to add some drama to embellish on some of the more boring moments of the story line. In the end they "kept in real" and just showed the hunt and whether or not it produced any treasure.

Anyone who has been in the business knows that there is way more downtime than drama. When millions in gold coins were found here on the Treasure Coast in 2015, Brent Brisbane was doing a TV spot on national TV and said something to the effect of ... where are all the TV cameras and crews when we spend months finding sinkers and beer cans.

In the end, I guess it takes some drama, a pretty face and a whole lot of editing of hours of film to make a show like that.

I stopped watching last season as well!

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here's the first episode to Carl's show "Treasure Divers" for those of you who like treasure shows and have not seen it. The whole series is available on YouTube.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Carl Fissmer shot his television series "Treasure Divers" out of the keys, they too wanted to add some drama to embellish on some of the more boring moments of the story line. In the end they "kept in real" and just showed the hunt and whether or not it produced any treasure.

Anyone who has been in the business knows that there is way more downtime than drama. When millions in gold coins were found here on the Treasure Coast in 2015, Brent Brisbane was doing a TV spot on national TV and said something to the effect of ... where are all the TV cameras and crews when we spend months finding sinkers and beer cans.

In the end, I guess it takes some drama, a pretty face and a whole lot of editing of hours of film to make a show like that.

I stopped watching last season as well!

what proves to me there is so much b.s, is whenever they are talking to each other,
from boat to diver or from ground, to ground by radio.
reception is almost always 100%.
except when they absolutely need to because of a perceived danger.
then all of a sudden one of the party refuses to answer the call.
but once the drama ends. it is obvious the whole thing was scripted for darma. :(
there is no problems

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Im liking the story and the use of bringing new tec into the field. It gives us hunters something to consider in our own searchers.
However im not a fan of the forced drama. I will also admit i dont connect with some.of the crew. I think they where bad choices. I understand why they are there. But i dont see the need for them. I think capy. Cork and jeremy would have been more then enough.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, so this craptacular show is on at work and we're making fun of it. Can anybody tell me what the hell sound that CTX is making? I've owned one for 4 years and I have NEVER heard that sound.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Depends of they are running in normal. Smooth. Loud ect.
Bascilly it was a junk tone. Mash of several tones.
I avoide those ones

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That area of German coins and the building foundations I believe were on an episode of Hunting Hitler. I know I remember seeing that bathtub. And tonight they were showing remains of what they believe to be Inca built walls. It looks very much like an episode seen on Expeditions Unknown. I am waiting for when they "find" an Incan statue sitting in a recessed part of the wall. Then we will know that they seem to be looking in places already filmed and televised.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That area of German coins and the building foundations I believe were on an episode of Hunting Hitler. I know I remember seeing that bathtub. And tonight they were showing remains of what they believe to be Inca built walls. It looks very much like an episode seen on Expeditions Unknown. I am waiting for when they "find" an Incan statue sitting in a recessed part of the wall. Then we will know that they seem to be looking in places already filmed and televised.

Most likely the Same Production Co.

Last nights Episode was the Best yet.
though did anyone else think Perhaps these 2 guys leading them to their Camp
are Messing with their Heads ? :tongue3: or hired by production just for drama ?
stripping their boat , while keeping them busy :unhappysmiley:

Funny they were so far away from camp.

"cappy" Not sure what was going on there, But if on the beginning of next weeks episode ,
he opens his eyes & says he got lost and tired and laid down and took a Nap & was having a Nightmare I'm done !
that would just be too much obvious fake drama b.s. .

though ants attacking him wouldn't surprise me, the way he was flailing and yelling.

hopefully it isn't a lead in to a witch doctor from the camp coming and curing him :laughing9:
with a dance production number :tongue3: that would be as bad as the having a nightmare scenario.

The guy yelling for "the Doctor" proves they have an entire Production crew on their heels at all times.

And probably snipers in case of Animal, or human attack.

Again, Best episode so far.
allot more Treasure Hunting. and another cool coin find :headbang:

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, Best episode so far.
allot more Treasure Hunting. and another cool coin find :headbang:

For me, it just proved why I never watch this garbage at home. Animal attacks? BS. I can see a single person becoming a victim, but there's no way an animal attacks a large group of people like this. The bad acting,,,,,, the radios that fail to work during every crisis until they are screaming at them then the person responds "yeah, I'm fine",,,,, shaking the camera?!?!?! WTF is this, the blair witch movie? give me an effing break. 100% scripted garbage (and scripted horribly). The producer should be beaten to death with that CTX detector

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DVR'd it and haven't watched it yet, but this was going to
be the last episode for me if they didn't improve.

Guess we could call this a "B Grade" treasure show... :icon_farao:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dont forget guys. These people will not be allowed to find any treasure. So they wont. Imagine the **** storm if they found the loot and put it on tv. Its just not going to happen. Its just a show about the search. All these shows are the same. Pack drama a bit of excitment and maybe a little treasure hunting and youve got a show.
After all it wouldnt be much of a show with out all these. And not a long series of you just found it.

As for the crew side of things. I would say they prob have 3 camera men following them around mostly.

As for the structures. For the type of equipment theybare using. They would have to have gov approval.

One more think. Man cappy needs to man up. His starting to turn into a big sissy. Maybe he should have stayed at home in bed

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont forget guys. These people will not be allowed to find any treasure. So they wont. Imagine the **** storm if they found the loot and put it on tv. Its just not going to happen. Its just a show about the search. All these shows are the same. Pack drama a bit of excitment and maybe a little treasure hunting and youve got a show.
After all it wouldnt be much of a show with out all these. And not a long series of you just found it.

As for the crew side of things. I would say they prob have 3 camera men following them around mostly.

As for the structures. For the type of equipment theybare using. They would have to have gov approval.

One more think. Man cappy needs to man up. His starting to turn into a big sissy. Maybe he should have stayed at home in bed

Oh I can understand Cappy wearing out.
He's not a Young man. Last season he never left the boat.
he hinted earlier he was having issues keeping up.
But the way he reacted was not from being tired.
unless he was acting like a Spoiled Brat, Or faking a Convulsion. very Badly :laughing9:

something happened.

Odd though he was very Quiet looking Dead till they touched him.
This alone makes me suspicious that it may be Faked drama So he can Go back to the Boat, in a stretcher & wait without looking like a crybaby.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering when a member would start a forum about this show. I believe they will not find any treasure this season or any time. Good hunting and good luck.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh I can understand Cappy wearing out.
He's not a Young man. Last season he never left the boat.
he hinted earlier he was having issues keeping up.
But the way he reacted was not from being tired.
unless he was acting like a Spoiled Brat, Or faking a Convulsion. very Badly :laughing9:

something happened.

Odd though he was very Quiet looking Dead till they touched him.
This alone makes me suspicious that it may be Faked drama So he can Go back to the Boat, in a stretcher & wait without looking like a crybaby.
Oh i just ment how his always going on a out being cursed and spirits after him and such. Getting witch doctors to bless him. His a bit supastisious.

So i wonder if anyone besides them have tried to track the treasure of the trinity

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm watching, and what makes no sense, is their belief that they are hot on the trail of the treasure.

AHHH some dots on a rock has to mean they moved it from the island to the river. Wait, river to a mission.....wait, mission to a sink hole. On, and on, and on, until the end of the season more than likely.

After the sink hole they "Find" more ruins with the jungle cleared, practically a park, obviously back where they started.

natives jump them with a rifle, threaten them, "we have permission".....all-righty, keep trying to steal our treasure then.

At least there's no singing and dancing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm watching, and what makes no sense, is their belief that they are hot on the trail of the treasure.

AHHH some dots on a rock has to mean they moved it from the island to the river. Wait, river to a mission.....wait, mission to a sink hole. On, and on, and on, until the end of the season more than likely.

After the sink hole they "Find" more ruins with the jungle cleared, practically a park, obviously back where they started.

natives jump them with a rifle, threaten them, "we have permission".....all-righty, keep trying to steal our treasure then.

At least there's no singing and dancing.

unless they already found the Treasure. it does not belong to the Natives.
anything they do not know about is not theirs.

the searchers, have Government permits to be on the land.
therefore the land belongs to the Government.

the coins, will probably have to be turned over since when the show airs,
the local archies will see they found them.
they may even have an off screen archie dogging them at all times.

memory of what the native said is fading since yesterday,
but I think he said it was religous land or something to that effect.
this does not make it or anything under the ground theirs.
it just means they are nosey because they live nearby and want to use that for an excuse to steal
from strangers.

or it was scripted as a warning

in wich case they were probably promised a bit part in the show. probably a few bucks.
and those who may be adventurous enough to plan a trip on their heals in the future,
have been warned or at least suggested to. that it's not on local neighborhood public park land.
and if you wish to search the ruins. their are laws you must follow.

doing a tv show completely ends any possibility of finders keepers .
just their names in the news and whatever the production co. pays them.

Unless they Think, Like I hope I would :laughing7:
If I saw the Treasure in the Corner of a cave say
"nothing here" or do a "cappy" :tongue3: Distract everyone.
take them another direction.
and come back in about a Month with a fast chopper,
a very small, discreet extraction team and a Wheelbarrow :laughing7:

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono