Help finding wreck from 1600-1800 Nassau, Exumas , Eleuthera!! if anyone can help

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I thought treasure hunting was banned in the Bahamas?

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP-

I'd STRONGLY....suggest you make contact with those "in the know" so to speak prior to diggin in..my understanding is that any recovery/excavation work is "temporarily" injuncted thruout the Bahama waters....has been for last several years.

I'm fairly confidant that Sadds will make an appearance in this thread at some point..IMO it would behoove you to discuss your "vacation" plans more at lenght with him. He's a good man and you can bank anything he may have to say regarding the Bahama's...and I'll leave it at that...

Regards,

ag

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern treasures abound at every hotel beach and swim hole in nassau. Check out the guys getting stuff at atlantis on you tube. Ive done the beaches and swim holes at atlantis resort and had no probs. It is very good !!! Im going in two weeks. I have found a small fortune there.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
anyone knowing of a wreck's location is not likely to just post it

My hint to find gold is to hunt the beaches, detect along the spines of sunbathing ladies. Many times you will get a gold signal and find a belly button ring about 6 inches down

PS it's a joke, don't ban me dude

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Help finding wreck from 1600-1800 Nassau, Exumas , Eleuthera!! if anyone can ...

Ag was right I am going to give advice, and that's exactly what it is.......if you get caught with anything recovered the authorities will make a special example of a rich foreigner recovering old treasure here in the Bahamas.

There is an election early next year too........if I were in your position I would make this thread evaporate quick.......

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TassiloB...

I am sure that the responses here are not what you wanted to hear...
But take comfort in the fact that your are not the first person to think about finding treasure and off you go only to later realize it has NEVER been that easy.

I have seen it many times in many people...
First...
The idea... of it in itself... lost valuables just laying on the bottom of the ocean just waiting to be found...
Second...
The realization... that it is totally possible to do... given the determination and equipment required to carry out the basics...
Third...
The commitment... buying the equipment IE: the boat... the detector... the plan... the researching and asking of others for information.

And then... the fourth and final...
The let down...

The information received that deflates the air in your sails.

My advice...

Stick to the beaches and prosper from the reality...
that thousands have had the same drive and dream as yourself that are far beyond yourself in the ability to do what it is you want to do.
and yet...
Also...
Cannot.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sadly the powers that be ...do not want joe little guy to catch a break --get rich and quit working his day to day grind job --because its the taxes made off his day to day sweating job that pays their salaries.. only the "bosses" can get he easy money goodies for themselves

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kevin-

I awoke this morning dreaming of warm clear waters laden with riches and history...than saw the snow......sighs.

Can I live in your basment?...or ..in the garage?...I'll even take the palapa next to the dock... ( I'm low maintenance...)

ag

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Anybody interested in learning more about sunken treasure hunting (and finding) should read the classic Finders Losers; The Lucayan Treasure Find by Jack Slack (1967).

"Jack" Haskins said it best - you have to plan for success.

You don't want to be the dog that caught the car...

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
jail time and having all you stuff taken by the local area govt for "poaching" "their" shipwrecks without getting their ok and permits (aka as greasing the right palms with lots of dough ) is never a good thing

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kevin-

I awoke this morning dreaming of warm clear waters laden with riches and history...than saw the snow......sighs.

Can I live in your basment?...or ..in the garage?...I'll even take the palapa next to the dock... ( I'm low maintenance...)

ag

Hey Kurt, what are you complaining about? I lived in Tennessee for 9 years and all my rich buddy's would go to Bonaire and Aruba during the winter. I was diving in Norris Lake in January with my poor dive buddy's when the water temp was 40 degrees and the air temp was 25! On one dive it got dark and when we surfaced it was snowing. I climbed on the deck of our houseboat and the water from our suit froze on the deck creating an ice rink! I miss those days. :tongue3:

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where 3-4 wrecks are over there. Waiting if it ever opens up legaly

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TREASURE HUNTING IS TOUGH ...BUT THE REALLY HARD PART IS ONCE ITS FOUND --LEGALLY OBTAINING OWNERSHIP OF THE ACTUAL TREASURE OFF THE WRECKSITE ---- YOUR OWN STATE AND FEDERAL GOVTS , FOREIGN GOVTS , HIERS TO THE OWNER OF THE ITEMS , INSURANCE COMPANIES , BANKERS WHO BACKED OR OWNED PART OF THE SHIPMENT OF IT --ROYAL FAMILY'S (KINGS ANS SUCH) ..A NEAR NON STOP LIST OF FOLKS THAT ONCE YOU FIND THE TREASURE WANT TO PROFIT OFF IT ..

THE REAL PROBLEM IS ONE THAT DOGS OUR COUNTRY TODAY ... EVERYONE WANTS A FREE RIDE-- NO WORKING-- NOT SWEATING-- NO EARNING YOUR MONEY --JUST SUCK OFF THE ONES THAT WORK AND PAY TAXES LIKE A BUNCHA LEECHES.... TREASURE HUNTING IS THE HARDEST WAY TO MAKE "EASY MONEY" THAT I KNOW OF AND ONCE FOUND AS BOB MAX FAMOUSLY SAID "TREASURE IS TROUBLE"

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ivan, reminds me of my favorite Seasick Steve song........" I started with nothing and I have most of it left"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread