Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason,

I kid you not, I looked in the mirror after that Truk trip and I looked like Ed K " old man" pictured below.

I honestly did not recognize myself after 4 nitrox and 1 deep air dive per day, great trip but wouldn't want to do it often.....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482512542.368640.jpg

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason,

I kid you not, I looked in the mirror after that Truk trip and I looked like Ed K " old man" pictured below.

I honestly did not recognize myself after 4 nitrox and 1 deep air dive per day, great trip but wouldn't want to do it often.....

View attachment 1394032

Ed ain't NEARLY as good looking as that wreck!!

ag:tongue3:

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ag, you make a good point,

I just couldn't find anyone more haggard looking or uglier on the net so I used a photo of Ed

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dave,

He started it, he promised me good whisky, gave me some cheap blended stuff.

So I am posting photos of him to blame and shame......have a great Christmas and New Year.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Sads and agflit, Merry Christmas. I just saw the picture you both posted. Not far off, but you can both get stuffed. lol

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You too dear friend, see you in January when I come to PA for 3 weeks

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That all makes my head hurt!!
I just eat beans the day before deeper than 33ft dives.
Once those beans get squished at depth and start hurting... it's time to ascend!
Then just fart and ascend slower than your fart bubbles!!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Happy new year Archie,

Lionfish story for you, and yes there was a bunch of deco involved....ha ha

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483199713.555928.jpg

Mother Nature laughing at us....

There I was on my deepest ever dive on regular air and I can remember chuckling all the way back up the wall, it wasn't Nitrogen Narcosis it was pure joy. Now, you might ask what is this diver doing having a laugh working his way back up a cliff face on the way to the top of the wall at 80 ft. Then, I was planning to fin over to the mooring line where I think I left the boat............?

Anyway, back to the dive story, I hear people grumbling ( I was going to say something stronger but I'm not supposed to, I don't think in print) about Lionfish in the Atlantic. They say how they are going to wipe them off the face of the planet with hunts, teaching people how to eat them and of course killing them whenever they see one. I am not a scientist, so I cannot tell you one way or another whether Lionfish are good or bad.

However, Mother Nature and I have a very clear understanding where scuba diving is concerned, I don't damage her coral, kill any of her wildlife or tease her animals by pulling their tails or riding them. Her side of the agreement so far is that she hasn't had me eaten by a shark or squished by a piece of falling wreckage.

Anyway, back to this deep dive, I should tell the reader that I am an experienced deep diver having been to 185 ft at least once a week for two years at Small Hope Bay Lodge, Andros, in the Bahamas. They employed me to keep their guests safe, at this, some would say crazy depth ( it is their signature dive ). I have since taken friends deep and come back in one piece as well as doing what purists would consider ill advised depths myself on a regular basis. I understand the risks and am prepared for and accept any consequences.

So enough defending myself and back to the story. I was heading back up the wall after completing this deep dive and I want to say that I never exaggerate about diving, there is no point. I promise you, there were dozens of Lionfish allover, they were in every hole I glanced in on the way back up. It was as if all of the Lionfish had a meeting and decided that if they stayed below 200 ft no one would or could get them.......ha ha, they might be right too.

Anyway, I was chuckling to myself all the way up every time I saw one imagining it giving the fin.......ger ( ouch) or in my case being a bit of a Brit two fingers to all the people trying to kill them. I remembering thinking that Mother Nature has a habit of changing her profiles when we barge into her world, good for her I say and if she keeps me safe I will love her even more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread