The mid-winter report from Search and Salvage

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
[FONT=&quot]It has been a long warm winter so far. Capt Kym and I are working on getting back to closer-to-optimum health and the Carib is resting quietly in the back yard while we decide what we plan to do, how we plan to do it and how we plan to pay for it. Of course it will all be up to the folks at 1715 Fleet-Queen's Jewels as to what THEY are going to do, but I have a pretty high level of confidence that there won't any upheavals there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the 2016 investors, we expect to have our [/FONT][FONT=&quot]division by May 1 . Shortly thereafter we will be dividing up our little pile for you good people to share.
For those interested in coming on board for 2017, we'll let you know when we have our ducks in a row.
For those folks in places where the sun is not shining on a 75 degree beach, I took these yesterday along Indian River Drive, looking Southeast from Judah's Fish House. If you are a believer in the Cabin Wreck, you will see that the end of the first rainbow really is just south of the McLarty Museum. The second is actually IN the Indian River Lagoon. Maybe there IS treasure on the west side of the barrier island. Only time will tell.

15965048_1377456115629369_5610162260267673239_n.jpg

15894960_1377456258962688_6180770378897959133_n.jpg
[/FONT]

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1715 Fleet-Queen's Jewels no longer owns the 1715 sites.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be great to get some elaboration on this statement!

To elaborate, the statement, "1715 Fleet-Queen's Jewels no longer owns the 1715 sites."

is wrong.

The entity 1715 Fleet - Queen's jewels, LLC still "owns" - holds the admiralty and state leases since acquiring them.

Bill it's great to hear you guys are prepping for the season!
Captain Jonah said the other day, "time to get things done! April is only 3 months away!"

and now January is almost half way through!

and of course I wish you and Capt. Kym good health!

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big blue wreck salvage owned by Mel King bought the leases for 3 million.John Brandon may be running the show.I have heard this from 2 credible sources.

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisheye. 1715 queens jewels is still in place and a few little changes but once again your info is wrong. The company has partnered with a couple good people that want to see shipwreck salavage continue using new ways and different methods of survey they have been involved for 5 years now already. The crew of the Capitana are looking forward to the 2017 season with some new toys. Can't wait lots of great people in place with common interests. Please learn the FACTS before posting what you have heard. I know you don't salavage or contract with Queen Jewels and find it funny how you think you know all about treasure salavage goings on. please don't take it wrong but this is a public form and dumb or miscomments about our company ,by people who know very little about how this all works shouldn't be speaking on the subject. Good luck to my fellow treasure hunters 2017 is here!!!! Chris your buying first round ,to first treasure of the season.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mixed messages to be sure!

A mystery afoot.

2 sub-contractors and THE MAN that runs the boat for the "site owners" is probably a better "source".

Fishey-J ever play Chinese whispers/rumors? I think your sources might be affected by them.
Owenrship percentages and participation of an entity can change without the entity changing.

Mr -1% I'm cure time of 5200 away from splashing and then Ima Ninja :blackbeard: me some some musket balls and you'll be droolin and buyin!!:occasion14::award_star_gold_3::tchest:

Last edited:

1percenter

Oct 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cannon balls don't count. Lol or musket balls. Real deal treasure only!!!!!!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After searching Internet news a while, wasn't anything turning up about it.

OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Geez..I post something newsy, come back a couple weeks later and have missed all the drama. I guess I need to check in more.
I've been a little distracted with other things for a few months, but I am back now.
Some of you know I've been doing a bit of doctoring lately - I got good preliminary results on the 'nuclear treadmill heart study last week. Thursday I will get the final results, but so far, so good. Man...I hate treadmills.
Now...everyone please note -
I just want to blow holes and learn "the location of......of hidden items of historic and intrinsic value." and bring it out of the history books and back into the world.No intrigue, no drama, just sun, saltwater, Winn-Dixie sammiches and diesel fumes for us.
We have our engine woes behind us. The TAMD-40 runs great. Thanks again to everyone that helped with cash, advice and prayers.
We do have to get the boat re-propped to get us back to planing so we can get to more better places farther south. 9 knots is NOT enough.
We broke everything that wasn't stout enough last year and we have replaced the broken stuff with better stuff.
We still have a couple of weeks of work before Carib is ready, but that is to be expected.
This is the year that the treasure comes ashore!
>>Thanks for the kind words, Chris and Jonah. As always...if you need help anytime or need something we've got, just ask.
Good luck to each and every one!
I'll be back to checking in a lot more often now so if you had been saving something fascinating...post it now!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Best of luck this year, Bill. If you need an extra diver give me a holler.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread