Need enthusiastic diver to recover my rudders

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This just in...
16508390_10154965947108498_3850412449973639994_n.jpg

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
good job ropes, think maybe he should get the hull scrubbed too judging by the condition of the rudders? think the binos and shaft anode you got have seen better days too but the vice grips would prob work after a little PB blaster. what is the smallest item?, cant zoom the pic.

i had a welding helmet i recovered at one of my pile jacketing jobs from a crew the year before and it had a bunch of barnicles growing on it. i sprayed it with clear acrylic coating and hung it on the wall in my conex box for years

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work !!! Bonus pair of binocs. And vise grips.

OP
OP
D

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dan did good, he ran a search pattern a couple times, visual and then metal detector. Thanks for the referral, his 100% recovery record is still intact. Now, it's off to the sanblaster and machine shop

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dan did good, he ran a search pattern a couple times, visual and then metal detector. Thanks for the referral, his 100% recovery record is still intact. Now, it's off to the sanblaster and machine shop[/QUOTE

Dennis - If you haven't run across him yet, Frank's Sandblasting is in that storage yard down behind the dump/transfer station. Alex's recycling is back there, Frank's business is in the southeast corner. He's a good guy and doesn't charge too much.
I'm glad Dan found them for you. Being from Wisconsin, he seems to have a higher tolerance for that 58 degree water. :laughing7:

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May I ask.. what kind of boat?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
good job ropes, think maybe he should get the hull scrubbed too judging by the condition of the rudders? think the binos and shaft anode you got have seen better days too but the vice grips would prob work after a little PB blaster. what is the smallest item?, cant zoom the pic.

i had a welding helmet i recovered at one of my pile jacketing jobs from a crew the year before and it had a bunch of barnicles growing on it. i sprayed it with clear acrylic coating and hung it on the wall in my conex box for years
It wasn't me. I did nothing but send a freediving metal detecting buddy with a better tolerance for cold water. I'd still be standing in a hot shower shivering if that had been me. My blood's too thin for that and so are all my wetsuits. :)

OP
OP
D

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dan did good, he ran a search pattern a couple times, visual and then metal detector. Thanks for the referral, his 100% recovery record is still intact. Now, it's off to the sanblaster and machine shop[/QUOTE

Dennis - If you haven't run across him yet, Frank's Sandblasting is in that storage yard down behind the dump/transfer station. Alex's recycling is back there, Frank's business is in the southeast corner. He's a good guy and doesn't charge too much.
I'm glad Dan found them for you. Being from Wisconsin, he seems to have a higher tolerance for that 58 degree water. :laughing7:

I'm going to try and get over there today, thanks again Bill. I have my WWW diving certificate (Warm Water Wuss) and all my wetsuits have shrunk

May I ask.. what kind of boat?

1974 Chris Craft-25 ft-dual inboard-4 cylinder-dual console open boat DSCN0605.JPG . The height with the tower and without the shade was 15 ft, the clearance under the Sebastian River Bridge is 15 ft, my throttles on the tower are the highest point, it could have become interesting as they got knocked from reverse to forward and back. I cut off the tower when I moved to a place on the river.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to try and get over there today, thanks again Bill. I have my WWW diving certificate (Warm Water Wuss) and all my wetsuits have shrunk

1974 Chris Craft-25 ft-dual inboard-4 cylinder-dual console open boat View attachment 1411708 . The height with the tower and without the shade was 15 ft, the clearance under the Sebastian River Bridge is 15 ft, my throttles on the tower are the highest point, it could have become interesting as they got knocked from reverse to forward and back. I cut off the tower when I moved to a place on the river.

Nice.. The old Chris Crafts; take a licking and keep on tickin!

Was she originally open cockpit or was she modified?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Myth Busted Too!

I guess your guy Dan proved the Sebastian River IS NOT a big breeding ground for aggressive Bull sharks :icon_thumright:

Well...there apparently weren't any on Monday. Dan didn't mention any, at least. Then again he and the Treasure Coast Dive Center owner Steve0 Maldanado kill cobia in large quantities by chumming up a bunch of bulls, jumping in and shooting the cobia pretty much off the backs of the bulls. This is probably why he has a Shark Shield in his gear bag.
If you would like to believe that one shark-free Monday in 58 degree February waters means that a body of water 3 miles from open ocean is a shark-free zone year round that is your perogative. :thumbsup: If you see one, maybe your luck will remain good and you will only be sharing the waters with:
As for me, I shall remain suspicious that the ones I have seen in the river might come back from their usual haunts offshore and in the Lagoon. Here is some footage from Steve0, Benji, Pat and Levi offshore of Sebastian:

OP
OP
D

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bull Sharks are never angry when they bite you..!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll confess I didn't think they would ever be found. I thought it was too much of a stretch in a big ocean. Congrats. I'm glad I was proved wrong.

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome video Bill.

At least you can see them coming in the ocean with vis like that.

The Sebastian River past the bridge .... not so much.

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Plus the fact that it was a the San Sebastian River and not the ocean - Doh :laughing7:

“Opposite the river perished the Admiral commanding the Plate Fleet of 1715”

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread