Treasure Hunting - Looking versus Finding!

silverking

Jun 13, 2010
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Treasure hunting for most folks involves more "looking" than "finding", but the very act of looking for treasure seems to bring out a passion in people that can make even a cloudy day seem sunny!

Too many folks live their lives without experiencing passion of any sort ... so that a treasure hunter can get on a boat, dive beneath blue skies, explore, search, breathe fresh air (or bottled air), and generally experience hope and history at exactly the same time - seems to make it all worthwhile!!

And even it one can't physically undertake a treasure hunt, the act of reading well written books about treasure hunting can elicit an equal amount of passion to those readers who may live far away from the water, or someplace that's snowbound for half the year.

Perhaps most importantly - even if one damages their bank account in the process of looking for said treasure, at least they can say "they did it" - they hunted for galleon treasure ... they actually did it!

Seems like it might be a conflict between passion and logic, although there seem to be a few who blend that passion and logic quite successfully!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Silverking it's the thrill of the hunt that drives most treasure hunters. Researching old archival documents is part of the hunt. You discover a piece of history that on one has seen in hundreds of years. I like your point of view. :hello2:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its really weird when your by yourself and you find treasure. I once jumped up and down and danced around for near 10 minutes on an isolated beach with no one around to share the experience with. I shouted at the top of my lungs with no one to hear it. My heart was racing and it took about 30 minutes before I could focus on recovering more, and I did that day. I had to sit down on the sand for 5 minutes to catch my breath and let my heart rate settle. That feeling is hard to explain or convey to others until they experience it them selves. Its like having sex for the first time. The adrenaline, the shear joy and pleasure of it, the feeling of success. I enjoy the hunt alot and the research and history. But at a certain time the hand holding and the kissing and all the foreplay have to lead to the big finish. I never slept so well as that night and I never jumped out of bed in the morning so eager to start the day as that next one. When you " find " your part of a new club and you have the proof of that new status. What im doing now is the armchair thing, the internet, the book reading, the trips to the library or museum. When im out there looking I am truly happy and in the moment. But the finding, well.... thats the x rated part. Afterwards you can smoke your cigarette and savor the history. photo-11.JPG
photo.JPG
photo-2.JPG
And then you get to show off your hikeys man!!!. And thats pretty fun too photo-8.JPG

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Its really weird when your by yourself and you find treasure. I once jumped up and down and danced around for near 10 minutes on an isolated beach with no one around to share the experience with. I shouted at the top of my lungs with no one to hear it. My heart was racing and it took about 30 minutes before I could focus on recovering more, and I did that day. I had to sit down on the sand for 5 minutes to catch my breath and let my heart rate settle. That feeling is hard to explain or convey to others until they experience it them selves. Its like having sex for the first time. The adrenaline, the shear joy and pleasure of it, the feeling of success. I enjoy the hunt alot and the research and history. But at a certain time the hand holding and the kissing and all the foreplay have to lead to the big finish. I never slept so well as that night and I never jumped out of bed in the morning so eager to start the day as that next one. When you " find " your part of a new club and you have the proof of that new status. What im doing now is the armchair thing, the internet, the book reading, the trips to the library or museum. When im out there looking I am truly happy and in the moment. But the finding, well.... thats the x rated part. Afterwards you can smoke your cigarette and savor the history. View attachment 1403039
View attachment 1403040
View attachment 1403041
And then you get to show off your hikeys man!!!. And thats pretty fun too View attachment 1403044
Well bart Nice find...But when i find something really good i am always by myself I hunt 95% of the time by my self.. But you have the life that every one would like to have .., beachcomer , treasure hunter & fisher man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread