A Hundred Giants

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About six years ago, Buddy Martin showed me a Dutch manuscript published by Pieter Vander Aa around 1705 that turned out to be a re-print of the Huguenot epic in Florida of 1564-1565. With the help of Gaetan Algoet as a translator, and Dr. Bob Baer as co-author, we produced a book "A Hundred Giants" that explores the events contained in the Vander Aa manuscript. It went on sale in 2014, in full color, containing the complete reproduction of the manuscript, page by page, along with many maps, photos, and citations regarding a retelling of the story of Ribault, Menendez, Le Challeaux, Le Moyne, Laudionerre, et al. The original edition was expensive to print, and was in limited demand for that reason. Meanwhile, thanks to Bobby Pritchett and Global Marine Exploration, a great deal has been added to the ongoing story-line, so Bob and I have decided to re-issue the book with a foreword and an afterword. Seems that just as I put the first edition to press, GME was engaged in exploratory excavations around Cape Canaveral proper, and as you all know from this forum, GME has made some momentous discoveries last year that shed considerable light on the legend of the Ribault fleet's potential demise. All of this brought into play much information that I recounted in "West Of The Bull", including the Andrews cannon discovery, the narratives of many previous historians, and, of course, the current state of angst between Florida, the federal courts, the Republic of France, salvors, academicians, and an unwary public. So, a second edition will be released this spring, this time in black and white rather than full color, making a purchase price more attractive. It will only be published on paper, not as a kindle book.

To illustrate the afterword, I've been building 3D models to snatch scenes for examples that make the GME discoveries understandable to the general public, and I have animated some of them for potential use in book presentations at the public libraries. I've included one here that illustrates the finding of the monument and bronze cannon.

[video]http://www.signumops.com/videos.html[/video]

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Not the 1565 Trinity

Terry great job but this is not the Trinity, and the cargo would be from 1562 NOT 1565 and the monument was on land when taken over by Spanish
I just want to be clear we have proof this is not the Trinity although yes it is related but was in the hands of the Spanish but could have been on any ship from any nation

Great job work is excelent

About six years ago, Buddy Martin showed me a Dutch manuscript published by Pieter Vander Aa around 1705 that turned out to be a re-print of the Huguenot epic in Florida of 1564-1565. With the help of Gaetan Algoet as a translator, and Dr. Bob Baer as co-author, we produced a book "A Hundred Giants" that explores the events contained in the Vander Aa manuscript. It went on sale in 2014, in full color, containing the complete reproduction of the manuscript, page by page, along with many maps, photos, and citations regarding a retelling of the story of Ribault, Menendez, Le Challeaux, Le Moyne, Laudionerre, et al. The original edition was expensive to print, and was in limited demand for that reason. Meanwhile, thanks to Bobby Pritchett and Global Marine Exploration, a great deal has been added to the ongoing story-line, so Bob and I have decided to re-issue the book with a foreword and an afterword. Seems that just as I put the first edition to press, GME was engaged in exploratory excavations around Cape Canaveral proper, and as you all know from this forum, GME has made some momentous discoveries last year that shed considerable light on the legend of the Ribault fleet's potential demise. All of this brought into play much information that I recounted in "West Of The Bull", including the Andrews cannon discovery, the narratives of many previous historians, and, of course, the current state of angst between Florida, the federal courts, the Republic of France, salvors, academicians, and an unwary public. So, a second edition will be released this spring, this time in black and white rather than full color, making a purchase price more attractive. It will only be published on paper, not as a kindle book.

To illustrate the afterword, I've been building 3D models to snatch scenes for examples that make the GME discoveries understandable to the general public, and I have animated some of them for potential use in book presentations at the public libraries. I've included one here that illustrates the finding of the monument and bronze cannon.

[video]http://www.signumops.com/videos.html[/video]

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looking forward to the re-issue, Terry. Great idea!

silverking

Jun 13, 2010
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm looking forward to this release.
The books published by Signumops in my library are some of my most treasured as relates to the 1715 fleet, and treasure history and salvage in general.

Honestly, I'm very thankful that Terry puts in the time and effort (and money) to publish books with a limited, and very vertical audience ... his efforts are really a bonus to those interested in treasure hunting in 2017.

Thanks for all you do Terry!

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm looking forward to this release.
The books published by Signumops in my library are some of my most treasured as relates to the 1715 fleet, and treasure history and salvage in general.

Honestly, I'm very thankful that Terry puts in the time and effort (and money) to publish books with a limited, and very vertical audience ... his efforts are really a bonus to those interested in treasure hunting in 2017.

Thanks for all you do Terry!

Terry's work is first class

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverking, you're very kind to recognize my publishing ventures, and I am glad you've enjoyed my books. I try to stick to the facts and I hope Signum Ops books are recognized for that, if nothing else.

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry's work is first class
Thanks Bobby. GME has done a bang-up job for sure. You guys put the meat in the soup! Thanks, and may you succeed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread