St Augustine / William Bartlett findings

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill Bartlett...or at least one Bill Bartlett is on the crew of the Capitana and has found a whole bunch of coins off Vero Beach...none in St Augustine that I know of. He's on here...will probably chime in. I am pretty sure he's the guy you're referring to.
There are those who believe that one of the lost ships of the 1715 Fleet is in deep water somewhere off St Augustine, others believe it is buried in the mud farther north.
Bob Marx did some work with the Johnson Sea-Link submersible off Jax as I remember...Old Man has some opinions on where the wrecks are in that area, I believe.

Here's a nice article about Bill Bartlett's Very Good Day:Treasure of the Month October 2016 - 1715 Fleet Society
Also present on the boat were Brent Brisben, Jonah Martinez, Dan Beckingham, Mel King, Faye Asano, Rob Westrick, Rick Beleson and Koji's Japanese film crew.

Last edited:

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Bill Bartlett...or at least one Bill Bartlett is on the crew of the Capitana and has found a whole bunch of coins off Vero Beach...none in St Augustine that I know of. He's on here...will probably chime in. I am pretty sure he's the guy you're referring to.
There are those who believe that one of the lost ships of the 1715 Fleet is in deep water somewhere off St Augustine, others believe it is buried in the mud farther north.
Bob Marx did some work with the Johnson Sea-Link submersible off Jax as I remember...Old Man has some opinions on where the wrecks are in that area, I believe.

Here's a nice article about Bill Bartlett's Very Good Day:Treasure of the Month October 2016 - 1715 Fleet Society
Also present on the boat were Brent Brisben, Jonah Martinez, Dan Beckingham, Mel King, Faye Asano, Rob Westrick, Rick Beleson and Koji's Japanese film crew.
ropefish, I have info on snags north or St. Augustine, but nothing at St. Augustine.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
lol.... Like a guy who's spent the last 30 years in/on/around/ and under...the water actually DOING...the tedious, expensive, back breaking and not to mention dangerous work associated with treasure hunting... is gonna just "give up" what he's EARNED...

Damn man...seriously? "How far north"?...that all you got? Ed's spent an entire lifetime bustin his azz and traveling all over the world doing what we all WISH we could do. I speak for nobody but myself, and admit I have NO idea who you are or where ya come from...and really don't care. My gut response to reading your DEMAND...quite frankly...pizzes me off. THAT man EARNED what he knows..the hard way. THATS why HE DESERVES..note I didn't use the term "DEMAND"..respect.

Maybe I'm completely off base here....you being a new member and all etc etc etc...if I AM...come to the Treasure hunters cookout end of April, and I'll offer you man to man, face to face...an apology. I'm sorta funny that way I guess...

Ag

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CPGs1
In everyone of your posts you have solicited free information. How much research have you PERSONALLY done for you to achieve what Discovery Channel(?) is looking for? What is your affiliation and contact supervisor with Discovery Channel? When you asked "how much north" were you EXPECTING(demanding) GPS coordinates?!!! I have "personally" done 4 years of research just into Manila Galleons and that is probably minuscule compared to some members here on the forum. I personally proposed a very large gold project to someone at Discovery Channel and didn't even get a reply!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I just give directions like we gave the tourists back in 1968 and 1969 to the Ski Lodge in Gatinburg, Tennessee. "You go to hell and turn right"! Back then, there was an Amusement venue called "Hell" at the corner of Highway 441 and Ski Mountain Road.:icon_biggrin:

Frank

OP
OP
C

CPGs1

Greenie
Feb 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.... Like a guy who's spent the last 30 years in/on/around/ and under...the water actually DOING...the tedious, expensive, back breaking and not to mention dangerous work associated with treasure hunting... is gonna just "give up" what he's EARNED...

Damn man...seriously? "How far north"?...that all you got? Ed's spent an entire lifetime bustin his azz and traveling all over the world doing what we all WISH we could do. I speak for nobody but myself, and admit I have NO idea who you are or where ya come from...and really don't care. My gut response to reading your DEMAND...quite frankly...pizzes me off. THAT man EARNED what he knows..the hard way. THATS why HE DESERVES..note I didn't use the term "DEMAND"..respect.

Maybe I'm completely off base here....you being a new member and all etc etc etc...if I AM...come to the Treasure hunters cookout end of April, and I'll offer you man to man, face to face...an apology. I'm sorta funny that way I guess...

Ag

Ah, I understand what you're saying, and apologize to all (particularly Ed) for appearing to simply demand coordinates and rip off your work. Not at all the case. As a NON treasure hunter, but a documentary producer, I sometimes forget how sensitive this information is and how much work/time it takes to achieve all that you do. To answer this, sincerest apologies. I was simply curious to know whether it was off of Amelia Island, or so far off that it was a different territory. I'm not trying to leech off of your hard work. Just trying to show it on TV. Obviously we would have brought Ed to be on camera and show off his work to the world.

OP
OP
C

CPGs1

Greenie
Feb 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CPGs1
In everyone of your posts you have solicited free information. How much research have you PERSONALLY done for you to achieve what Discovery Channel(?) is looking for? What is your affiliation and contact supervisor with Discovery Channel? When you asked "how much north" were you EXPECTING(demanding) GPS coordinates?!!! I have "personally" done 4 years of research just into Manila Galleons and that is probably minuscule compared to some members here on the forum. I personally proposed a very large gold project to someone at Discovery Channel and didn't even get a reply!!

Enrada, we're not with Discovery. Different network. And it sounds like you are "demanding" your gold project proposal make it on TV. Pitching a show is just as difficult as treasure hunting itself. I would offer you some help and guidance, but can't see why after being attacked like that

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have talked to CPGs1's associates several times in the past couple of weeks and exchanged emails with CPGs1 a few times. I have introduced them to several people. I find them to be respectful and professional. Unlike many we have seen before, their production company has several shows on the air and this show is actually in production. These folks want to tell the same stories that we like to read/hear/watch. I am hoping that if I/we help them get the information that they need to tell their stories well, that it will benefit them as well as me and you and the treasure salvage business by showing us in a positive light. They have some very well known and reputable folks onboard as hosts as well. The TV business is quite competitive and I am sure that they have good reason to maintain a somewhat low profile when it comes to gathering information...there are other folks out there who would like to nab some free ideas, I am sure. We know what that's like too.
So...if you have a great story to tell and have some facts to back it up, drop them a message and see where it goes. It may (or may not) be just what they want. They're not trying to go into the treasure hunting business, (they're probably not nearly obsessed enough). they just want to do a great job on this series so they get to do bigger and better stuff in the future. That's their treasure, somewhat the same as ours...some recognition, some monetary gain, some personal satisfaction and the chance to do something REALLY cool on the next project by building on the success of the project before.
<<CMGs1 and his associates did not ask me to stick up for them on the forum, nor am I making a dime on the deal. I do, however, have a stake in trying to show the business in a good light. The Bahamians are holding elections in May and I keep hoping that the Bahamas will open up to salvors who contract with the government. This is a good time for good publicity.>>

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don't hold your breath Bill, it's likely to be the same old cannons on the poop deck.... (pun intended)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JFYI... OVER 275 ships are known to have sunk in St. Augustine area.

Take yer pick. heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and I might add...

That several of those ships... IF found... would be some of the oldest... if not THE oldest ever found... "in the new world".

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Ah, I understand what you're saying, and apologize to all (particularly Ed) for appearing to simply demand coordinates and rip off your work. Not at all the case. As a NON treasure hunter, but a documentary producer, I sometimes forget how sensitive this information is and how much work/time it takes to achieve all that you do. To answer this, sincerest apologies. I was simply curious to know whether it was off of Amelia Island, or so far off that it was a different territory. I'm not trying to leech off of your hard work. Just trying to show it on TV. Obviously we would have brought Ed to be on camera and show off his work to the world.
CPGs1,
First off I'll answer your question. It's North of St. Augustine and not close enough to the beach to have coins wash up on shore.
I'm really not a publicity type person, although a Producer flew up to Philadelphia with a cameraman last weekend to film me and Salvor6 for a Documentary on a very Historic Shipwreck site.
My suggestion to you. Attend the Cookout. I will be bringing information for Salovr6 and Aquanut on some snags north of St. Augustine. Interview them if you wish. I have terminal cancer, so I won't be doing very much treasure hinting in the future, but I do want to pass on information that I have to people that I trust. I also want to include Sads669 and Agflit in the info that I have. I'm pretty sure they will all be at the Cookout.
Right now, I still feel in pretty good condition and according to the Dr. I have a few more years before I pass over the bar. I don't want any information that I may have to go with me. Hence the reason, I want to share it with close friends. Besides, I have an Admiralty Claim in Key West that will keep me busy for a while.

Attachments

• 12046990_10153629813639452_1708132681622271867_n.jpg
    12046990_10153629813639452_1708132681622271867_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 308

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Thankyou...your response is appreciated. Hope you make the gathering...look forward to meeting you...I'll stand ya a rum or 2..if old man and sads havn't guzzled it all like cheap swill!!

ag

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Thankyou...your response is appreciated. Hope you make the gathering...look forward to meeting you...I'll stand ya a rum or 2..if old man and sads havn't guzzled it all like cheap swill!!

ag
ag, I'm going to be booking my flight into Melborne this afternoon, for the Friday before the cookout. If you pick me up ? We can both drink sads rum before he gets to the motel. lol I'll also buy a round for CPGs1, if he shows up.

Attachments

• 11722521_10153469887814452_8651668818249760922_o.jpg
    11722521_10153469887814452_8651668818249760922_o.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 96

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just give me a call Ed and email me your flight info..be glad too...wouldn't want you to break a heel headed for a rental car now would we?? As far as Cindarella goes...I'll make sure I bring some mineral water for him!!

ag

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You gonna drink my share of the booze.....I don't think so!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489867292.414202.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread